Product Reviews > Canoes > Holy Cow Canoe Company > Ultra Lite Fiberglass Algonquin Prospect Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Ultra Lite Fiberglass Algonquin Prospect Canoe by Holy Cow Canoe Company

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

07-20-2011
Submitted by: Wiconsin Canoe CompanySend Email

Our canoe and kayak rental company only buys Holy Cow Canoes (while phasing out our old aluminum boats) and will continue to do so which should tell you about the Holy Cow reliability and ease of use. We're on the Wisconsin River running 16.5' Ultraglass Prospectors (in midnight blue - sexy!). Nothing but positive comments from all of our customers and we haven't had to make any repairs after 3 months of everyday use.

I will say it's pretty easy (as a rental) to rub through the gel coat and add some scratches but then our customers don't necessarily treat our babies like their babies. (To their credit, Gulam from Holy Cow told us as much, so it wasn't unexpected). Structurally speaking, they've held up to multi-day groups loaded above the gunnels with more gear than you would think feasible.

Dealing with the company itself has never been anything but a pleasant experience. It says something when you can shake hands with the people that built your boat. I cannot recommend these guys and their equipment enough.

07-19-2011
Submitted by: ralphthedogSend Email

What a great boat. Handles a family of 4 (and a dog) with ease, tracks great, easily handled by one person as well. Can't say enough good about this boat and the company. Amazing customer service, and a pleasure to deal with. Looking forward to many more happy years in my cow, and maybe a second boat!!

09-22-2009
Submitted by: Todd HenningSend Email

Great Canoe! Great People to deal with! I live in Arizona and the people at Holy Cow Canoe knocked themselves out in helping me get the canoe from Canada to AZ, and it was not easy!!! Now I have the canoe and it performs wonderfully. I have canoed quite a bit in my life, but it has been a few years since I have had my own canoe. The Algonquin is amazingly easy to paddle and control by myself with passengers aboard. The tracking is remarkable, again when paddling by my self. When two people are paddling this canoe damn nears flies, and it flies straight! I love it!