Product Reviews > Kayaks > Nigel Dennis Kayaks > Romany Excel Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Romany Excel Kayak by Nigel Dennis Kayaks

Romany Excel Kayak by Nigel Dennis Kayaks

Length: 16' 4" - Width: 21.75" - Starting at: $1790.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Nigel Dennis Kayaks Logo

05-24-2011
Submitted by: Kenny K.Send Email

Have had this boat for a few months now and I adore it!! I am 6'3'' 280lbs with size 13 feet, and this boat fits me like a glove.. She handled like a champ in the various conditions I took her out in.. I have the drop down rope skeg, and it works awesome when the chop and wind come in.. I am so very pleased with this boat, If I had to buy another boat today it would be another Romany Excel!

08-19-2009

I purchased this boat a year ago from Maine Island Kayak and have paddled it about 500 km in various conditions up to maybe 1.5 metre (5 ft.)seas. It is a great boat. Carries huge quantities of gear as well as my big body. The 16 ft length makes it less succeptible to confused seas but does make it a bit slow. I now use a larger paddle to keep up with wifey in her 18ft impex force3. It is a tall boat and weathercocks badly when not heavily loaded. There is plenty of room for my size 12 feet and the knee spaces not only accomodate longer legs but also give great leverage for edging and rolling, both of which are a treat. The skeg control is well placed for the hand but poorly placed for he left knee. Suggest you wrap a lightweight bungee around hatch covers to ensure watertight compartments. The keel strip is a great feature. Tom Bergh does an amazing job of making sure you get the right boat and then fitting it to your needs. There are quite a few little quaity issues that take time and energy to resolve but the end result is worth it.