Product Reviews > Kayaks > Future Beach > Trophy 126 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Trophy 126 Kayak by Future Beach

Rated: 8.36/10 Based On: 61 Reviews

Trophy 126 Kayak by Future Beach

Length: 10' 6" - Width: 29.50" - Starting at: $649.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Future Beach Logo

09-10-2014

I have been fishing out of this kayak for 4 years now and love it. The price was very reasonable and it is very stable. Very light. Tracks straight.

09-05-2014
Submitted by: JimSend Email

This has been a great Yak for the money. Tracks straight, great storage, not heavy, and I think it would sink before it would roll! I have had this boat for over 4 yrs and have had. O problems with it. I'm 6ft 230 lbs and it fits me well. Gave this boat a 9 because the seat stinks! Rough eve with a gel cell. Would recommend this boat to anyone for fishing or just to put around in.

09-05-2014

Stable, rugged, and versatile. I had only one problem with the boat, the seat support posts detached from the bottom. The seat now shifts around a bit while paddling. I have since noticed the new boats have a different design thus preventing this from occurring. This may only be an issue when buying a used boat.

09-03-2014

The only kayak I have owned. I had borrowed several other brands from friends before I purchased my own but never felt they were very stable. After researching the Future Beach Trophy 126, I purchased one on sale at Dick's and have been very happy with it for the past 3 years.

I have used it on lakes from choppy to still and on several rivers. It' not made for speed but if you want stability - this is it. I would recommend this for any beginner buying their first kayak or anyone wanting a stable kayak. With it's length you can really go through some tight places and maneuver around obstacles with ease. The only thing I wish it would have had on mine was a solid bulkhead behind the seat when I bought it. You can now get a kit from the company to retro fit one. The new ones come with a bulkhead.

I highly recommend the Trophy 126 to anyone buying their first kayak or some one wanting a more stable one.

08-21-2014

Very stable. Tracks true. Have used in rough water and smooth, and feel very comfortable. The bin in front lets water in, so I use a dry bag to put gear in. Enjoyable Kayak, would recommend.

08-08-2014

I bought my Future Beach Yak from Dick's during their summer sale, being impressed by the hull structure and the addition of rear fishing rod holders. My neighbor got me into the sport of Kayak Angling and I was eager to have one of my own.

First things first, this yak is incredibly stable. The Dihedral Hull is an amazingly straight tracking design as my neighbor noticed the first time out on the river. With minimal effort on my part, I am able to keep my yak on a true and steady path which is amazing to me. The front hull is designed to cut through the water and channel it evenly which makes navigating some of the more tricky spots where I like to fish possible (mostly reed beds and grass fields).

All in all I would rate it higher, but the hull has its draw back. While it is a sit-in, the hull makes it float more like a sit-on and it takes more effort to paddle.

07-16-2014

Very sturdy fishing kayak. Flatter bottom, so more suitable for rivers and streams. It doesn't cut through the water well in the bay, but is perfect for rivers. Has sufficient storage area, but a better hatch would be appreciated by fisherman.

07-12-2014

I've used my Trophy for about 5 years. I think it's great! Very stable and versatile. Ive had it in Lake Erie and Presque Isle bay with 1 to 3 foot chop, as well as the Allegheny River in PA and the Grand River in Ohio and many creeks. For trips longer than 4 hours I find that my tailbone gets sore. And that's with the premium seat. I also found that getting a hold of Future Beach is not very convenient. I had to replace a foot peg. And it took about 4 days to get it ordered.

Overall I would recommend this kayak to others.

07-05-2014
Submitted by: MelissaSend Email

Great kayak all around. I like that it's very stable and has the two pods. The back pod was supposed to be water resistant or water tight, but the foam divider separated from the body and water gets in there quite easily. Other than that, I highly recommend it for flat water paddling.

07-03-2014

Dihedral hull makes it extremely stable and track well, but also makes for difficult turning. Large rear compartment is not sealed well from factory and is not water tight. Seat doesn't provide much support for back. Kayak is rather heavy. Good beginner's kayak.

07-03-2014
Submitted by: KenSend Email

I would recommend this kayak to anyone! Very sturdy, spacious, great storage, and all at a super price. I have overloaded the kayak with more weight than required and still wasn't riding low in the water. After adding a couple fishing mods to it and purchasing a Harmony dashboard, it seems like the perfect kayak for the avid fisherman or just your average, everyday recreational kayaker.

06-18-2014
Submitted by: RBSend Email

Excellent kayak for flat water lakes and rivers. Super stable! Bought this as my first kayak due to the stability and have absolutely loved it. A little hard to access the hatches when you are on the water, but there is a lot of storage space. Mine came with the foam bulkhead and I've had no problem with leakage even though I bought it used (3yrs old). I enjoy the open cockpit and have even had my 70lb lab sit with me on occasion.

A great first kayak! And it's worth sacrificing a little speed for the extra stability.

04-09-2014
Submitted by: Todd DarlingSend Email

This is my first Kayak and I have to say I felt really stable and comfortable my first time out earlier this week. Can't wait to get it out fishing this summer.

03-31-2014
Submitted by: AVSend Email

For a $289 yak from Ocean State Job Lot you can't go wrong for lake and river kayak fishing. I'm 6' 3" / 205 lbs and have a size 13 foot and I fit in this thing fine. I upgraded the seat to an Ocean Kayak one for more back support, but the stock one is OK. You get what you pay for, it's not top grade quality, but it gets the job done. Spent many 5-7 hour fishing days in this boat.

03-31-2014
Submitted by: MRPSend Email

I have two Trophy 126's and I generally love them. I am 5'8" and 155 lbs. and I fit perfectly in them - tons of room and I am very comfortable all day. One thing...Get yourself a weekend seat/canoe seat. I bought one made by Alps Mountaineering on Amazon for $22 and it took my kayak's comfortability up 100%. And the best thing is when you get where you're going you have a great camp seat or seat to chill in by the river.

Future Beach customer service however is horrendous. Sending them emails through their website is like sending emails to a black hole. I found out much later after purchase that one of my kayaks did not come with the foam bulkhead that seals the rear compartment (my friends surf got all wet). They sell the bulkhead on their website but they won't even let you chose an address in the United States to purchase one.

Luckily I don't expect any other problems with my kayak and I love them. I am going to try and make my own bulkhead to finish off the second one myself since Future Beach has ignored my warranty requests.

01-20-2014
Submitted by: Neil J.Send Email

I bought this kayak from Dicks on 12/31/13. I am loving it. I just spent 3 hrs in the cockpit on Willow Lake in Prescott, AZ. No discomfort at all. Paddles well, turns good, and handled 6" shallow perfectly. I'm 6-0, 215 and fits me well.

10-10-2013
Submitted by: jason cSend Email

I have used this boat so many times I have lost count. I think it is a great boat for the price. it is light to carry with one person. Shallow draft in the water as long as you you don't overload it like I have before; does well in rapids and small waves even better with the skirt cover. Paddles easy and fast to a point. Very maneuverable.
Just all around great boat.

If the seat is is uncomfortable to you there are many replacement options. I replaced mine so I would have a dry seat to put in when I get there. Great boat I have landed 22 3 lb. plus catfish from it.

08-14-2013
Submitted by: dan

the kayak i got is the angler edition sit in, and i love it. the bottom of the hull is a little flexible meaning it isn't rock hard it has some bounce to it when you push on it. there is no bulk head in the back only one small dry area in the front people say it isn't water proof but i have only seen little drops in side of it. love the little tackle box holder in the cockpit, the seat is comfortable for the first hour or so but i don't know if because the seat gets wet it makes it uncomfortable or what because when i get out my back doesn't hurt only my butt. the boat is super stable as well i can stand up in it sometimes when there is no wake. i am listing the cons of this to let people decide what they really want.

07-31-2013

This is a great little boat for first timers. I have had no problems with it over the last 3 years other than the seat. Not enough support for someone of my weight. It tracks straight,and I think I would sink it first before I could roll it! Storage is good with plenty behind me and a nice hatch in front where I keep my wallet and such while I'm out in it. I have been in a few other boats that are a lot more expensive and this one is a good bang for the buck.

07-27-2013

I bought this Kayak the end of June. It was a demo unit so I was able to get it for reduced price. I wanted an entry level fishing yak and after adding a few things to it, I have exactly that. It is very stable, tracks well, and is easy to paddle and turn. The 2 compartments are nice, although since there is no bulkhead, the rear compartment is not watertight. The seat is not very comfortable for long periods. I plan to add a better seat soon. The cockpit is ok for me, although I wish for a bit more foot room.

I am only using this on flat, calm water, and so far it has proved well. I am 5'11 and 225lbs, and with my gear I still sit well in the water. It is not a fast yak, but that's not what I wanted.

07-27-2013

I think that the Trophy 126 is the best $300 play boat on the market. I have another, fairly expensive, touring kayak (Swift) and paid a hundred dollars more just for the paddle with that one. This little Trophy offers plenty of stability for beginners and it turns on a dime when in the hands of anyone with a bit more experience. Iíll agree that the seat isnít the best in the industry, but itís the best in the $300 kayak category. I did add a $10. auto seat cushion from Walmart, and the difference was amazing.

We paddle our Trophy on one of the Finger Lakes of Upstate New York and find it to be a good ride in light to moderate chop. On days with heavier winds, I pull out the sailboat.

07-26-2013
Submitted by: Jeff SSend Email

This heavy duty plastic kayak is rock steady! Although it is heavier then some, about 53#, the quality is built to last. Can be dragged over rocky beaches, good handles and great hatches. Plenty of storage space to go camp for a week. Can stand up to fish even in wavy water.

07-17-2013
Submitted by: BJSend Email

Worth the money I paid <$300 new, but not worth any more than that. The hull design sold me as I just had a trailer full of kayaks stolen and the budget didn't allow me to go replace them right away. I needed a cheap boat to keep me going on a trip planned that week. This did the trick, and works fine as a loaner boat but I certainly wouldn't buy another. Seat back is hard and non-adjustable, upside down U shaped hull takes up a lot of foot room.

07-17-2013

The Future Beach is a great kayak for beginners. It is extremely stable and can hold a line like a champ, I was able to easily pull in a 80 lb Black Lab in the boat with me and there was plenty of room for both of us. It is not a really fast boat but is extremely durable. I love my Future Beach Trophy 126. Great boat for the price.

07-15-2013

This yak felt cheap and for how large cockpit was it still was cramped in all the places it counts. I'm 6'1 250lbs and wear a size 10 Shoe. Couldn't get my feet comfy no matter how I tried. My legs didn't fit and it felt awkward entire time I was in it. I was using my friends backup buddy yak that he bought for 100 bucks at yard sale... I think he overpaid. This boat felt shotty and was. I would recommend another kayak.

07-15-2013
Submitted by: JGSend Email

I've had two of these Kayaks for close to five years and never had a problem. I've taken one of them in rough river water many times and have overturned and swamped it more than once but on calm to heavily choppy water they're extremely stable. They also carry the weight of all my camping gear when river camping. I would buy from Future Beach again.

07-08-2013
Submitted by: BeGeeSend Email

My fiance purchased 2 of these at Dick's...we are new to kayaking but after searching for a good price as well as comfort these looked like our best pick. We don't fish, we nature hunt and always pack a camera and binoculars etc.. the dry compartment is very small but the behind the seat area is large. We just use large garbage bags to store out things we don't want damp.

We love them but I admit we have little experience of any others to compare them to. He's tall, I'm short and we like the adjustable foot braces. I think they're great and we've had lots of fun with them. They are very stable... he can swim, I can't, so stability means a lot.

07-05-2013
Submitted by: DJMSend Email

I purchased this kayak at Dick's about 2 months ago. It's my FIRST kayak. I have used it a few dozen times, including Night Bass Fishing. I find it to be VERY STABLE on the water, and as far as speed goes, it goes as fast as I care to go, considering rocks and stumps under the surface of my Bass Waters.

Only draw back I can see, is the SEAT!! Man, it hurts, but I added a few soft chair cushions on the bottom and against my back and find I can go for a few hours before I have to get out and limber up.

ONE NOTE, as one person previously mentioned, check under your seat at the last two seat rivets that hold your cushion down. When you sit in your seat THEY COME IN CONTACT WITH THE BOTTOM OF THE KAYAK!! Both rivets I found were beginning to damage and almost penetrated the bottom of my Kayak. I immediately cut and removed the rivets, and substituted plastic/nylon Tie-Downs in their place, thus leaving nothing to protrude from under the seat. I weigh in at 200 pounds, so maybe someone lighter in weight might not have that problem, but if you own one of these models, CHECK UNDER YOUR SEAT through the rear storage port to see if it's damaging the bottom of your Kayak.
Other than that, for the $$$, Not a Bad Investment.

07-01-2013

I just bought a Trophy 126 on sale from Dicks. Love the stability. My seat broke on first time out. I was wondering if anyone has found a after market that will fit. The seat is very uncomfortable for longer trips. Other than that I love it.

06-07-2013
Submitted by: CarlSend Email

Just bought this Trophy 126 today. We took it out on the lake when I got home and after a few minutes, water started coming into the hull. I paddled back to shore and discovered that there is a screw under the seat that popped right through the bottom of the kayak after I sat in it. The plastic on the bottom of the kayak appears to be very soft. It is a very poor design to have it do this. I am average height and average weight. I am taking the half hour ride back to Dick's Sporting Goods to return it tonight.

06-05-2013

Personally, I LOVE this product! I recently bought it from Dick's during their big sale they had and I picked it up for $300. This kayak is extremely stable, you can't flip it, there is TONS of storage. I am currently building a Bimini that inserts into the two rod holders with the hope of keeping some of the sun off of me while out on the water.

The only knock on the kayak is the seat like everyone else says; however, it is not THAT big of a deal to me. This has been one of my best investments that I have made. This kayak offers the perfect ratio of space, maneuverability, speed (yes I said speed, you can get this thing going if you want) and versatility. I love the purchase and plan to add on to it throughout this summer and into the winter, possibly a fish finder?

05-17-2013
Submitted by: Randy N.Y.Send Email

If you are near 6' tall and have a shoe size bigger than a 6? THIS IS NOT YOUR KAYAK !!There is NO room for my legs and feet. I've had other kayaks and this Trophy 126 is like PADDLING A BRICK. The front compartment is small an is NOT watertight. The fishing pole holders are mounted BEHIND you. Are you going to TROLL from a kayak?
DON'T buy one unless you SIT IN IT FIRST!! HUGE BUYER REMORSE!!

05-15-2013
Submitted by: AlfSend Email

I bought mine in 2009 and like it as well as everyone else, after adding a rod holder and small fish finder (battery powered) on the front.

As for the 'watertight' bulkhead - it's not. The silicone sealer doesn't adhere to the plastic hull well, even after I added more. My solution was to buy several kid's inflatable balls around 10" and stuff them in the bow and stern. Flotation bags for about $2 apiece and I can adjust the pressure/fit according to where I am (coast or high lakes).

05-08-2013

We had purchased two Pathfinders Kayaks .. we took them out on the 4th of May... I got into mine it was wobbly, but I maintained my balance.. My husband got into his and he almost flipped over.. He got out was really disappointed... The weather was great.. and I said lets just take them back and get different ones.. So we did, returned to Dicks in Puyallup, WA. We explained, look we have a blow up Kayak and we felt more safer in that, then these pathfinders .. So their salesperson Maverick helped us out, he said these will do the trick . We bought the Trophy 126 and we never felt so safe, we took them out on Sunday the 5th of may out on the river, they held up with all the boats and jetskis buzzing around... And I love fishing - can't wait to buy some gear, and go fishing... and we do have the rubber cover compartments... they work out great!!!

03-23-2013
Submitted by: jkSend Email

Very happy with this boat. I cut a piece of a plastic barrel out and riveted to the boat behind the original seat for a back rest and with a wheelchair pad for my rear i can sit all day long.

01-02-2013

Well, I've had this boat almost 2yrs now and I'm still glad I bought this boat! Had no problems with it. Would buy one again. Would recommend to any one looking for a box store boat.

08-24-2012

I love my Trophy 126. I bought these for me and my wife and we both have taken them out on Kentucky Lake, in ponds and a number of rivers. I have a Lab that enjoys being in the boats with us. There is no trouble at all getting him in and out of the boat. Overall this is a great buy. You will not be disappointed.

07-12-2012
Submitted by: CEMSend Email

Would love to give the 126 a good review, but...
Bought this at Dick's because a friend has one and loves it. Very stable [a bit slow - not a big deal] and it has the sealed bulkheads. Being a novice and not a strong swimmer I wanted one that wouldn't sink if I happen to flip it.

Mine does NOT have the sealed bulkhead even though it's advertised with one. Husband went to Dick's and not one of their stock has the bulkhead and they were as stymied as we were. Called 2 other Dick's and same thing. Contacted Future Beach [only way to get to them was by fax - none of their emails, etc... work]. Someone got back to me nicely, but now can't get them to answer me again with a solution.

Plan to take back to Dick's and go with another brand.

06-18-2012
Submitted by: Fred Send Email

I wish the seat was more comfortable. More than 2-3 hours, and I want out. Other than that, two thumbs up!

05-25-2012
Submitted by: Sullytube7Send Email

I love this Kayak because it is great for fishing. It has a pole holder and additional holder which I use for a net. It is slow in the bay/ocean but tracks amazing. Also it is very stable and I can carry it anywhere. There is a bulge which occurs under the seat on the bottom of the boat but it does not effect your ride. Check me out fishing on the Future Beach Trophy kayak on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3fGuczeCTk

05-09-2012

As my first kayak it served me well.
Very stable - i can stand up in it, sit on the rear hatch cover and row,etc.
Paid a bit more than most it seems but?? That's life. $400 at Dick's.

I canoe'ed on and off over the years and after taking a few lake trips had no prob taking it on a 2 day solo trip on the Buffalo river{west Tenn}. I now refer to it as my BATTLESHIP! And I keep it for beginners. I'm actually going to retro fit it with some thigh braces just to see if i can roll it.

tracking - A+
stability - A+
turning - C
Gear storage - A++ (you just cant believe how much crap u can pack in and on the thing!)
Speed - hahahahah
but its a fishing kayak so??

04-26-2012

Bought it last summer at Dicks. I use it primarily as a fishing platform on the nearby lakes. I can get three rods, a small fishing bag, myself and a seat pad in it without any issues. It tracks nicely, is stable, and it came at an acceptable price. Highly recommended, especially as a first kayak for someone wanting to start out and enjoy the experience without spending a bunch of money.

04-11-2012
Submitted by: KurtSend Email

A couple years ago I was looking to buy a kayak and saw the Trophy 126 on sale at a local sporting goods store. It looked like a very nice kayak with nice storage space in the smaller front hatch and in the hatch behind the seat plus the bungees. So I bought it and took it out paddling and thought it was ok. Yes, my feet and legs we cramped a little and my butt hurt after about two hours of paddling... but I thought that was normal. (Come to find out after buying a much better quality kayak, this is not normal). This small kayak tracks ok (not great but ok), but is on the slow side. This kayak does have adjustable foot pegs too.

So as of January 2011, I bought a Tarpon 120 and have something to compare the Trophy 126 against. It's like comparing a Cadillac to a Chevette. I feel you are better off buying a more expensive better kayak than a cheaper one (Trophy 126) the first time around. If you plan on keeping your kayak, I would recommend spending a couple hundred dollars more on a better kayak b/c you will be so much more happier with the comfort, speed and tracking of the yak.

03-20-2012
Submitted by: KathySend Email

My Future Beach Trophy 126 was a birthday present and I could not have ever been more pleased. It was purchased at Dick's on sale. I love the stability and have never felt the least bit nervous when in this Kayak. It is not terribly affected by the waves and if you add a skirt then you are snug as a bug. I have not found the seat to be the least bit uncomfortable and since I have only size 7 feet, the foot room has been fine also. I just wish it was a little lighter. We use it for primitive camping and can fit a significant amount of gear on the kayak. We love our. Oh yes, the person who gave me mine, tried it once and went out and bought himself one, so now we match!!!

03-07-2012
Submitted by: JMSend Email

Bought one in 2011. Overall great kayak for the price. Paddles nice and very stable (never had a sense of tipping in choppy water/windy days). I'm 5'11" and 200+pounds. I fit snugly with my fishing gear. I'd say if you have feet bigger than size 11, it may be uncomfortable for you. Great for short trips on calm waters. I'd invest in a seat upgrade if there's one out there, for longer trips. Numbness sets in about after 2.5 hours (for me anyways).

02-22-2012
Submitted by: Bergermeng!Send Email

I bought this kayak last spring and used it a ton! I love the stability and storage, but don't like the seat, and foot clearance. I adjusted the foot rests to make it more comfortable, but I still get some cramps in my feet when paddling a long distance. When fishing I usually hang my feet out the sides and let them rest in the water. I took the seat out completely and now use a nicer canoe seat with back, and that pretty much resolved the problem.

Overall I would recommend this kayak, but I would also suggest looking into other yaks with a bigger cockpits if you're going to use it for mostly fishing. Sometimes it can get a little cramped if you are not well organized.

12-27-2011
Submitted by: PaulSend Email

I own 2 Future Beach Trophy 126 kayaks and I love both of them. Very affordable. They track good and are VERY stable. I fish and explore in mine. The only thing this kayak needs is more padding in the seat. I usually use a couple of seat cushions (one under me and one behind my back when going out for several hours. A better padded seat would be a nice option for Future Beach to start selling. I know I would buy a couple of them.

08-17-2011
Submitted by: bbqbobSend Email

This is my first kayak and the Future Beach Trophy 126 is a great kayak for the price and I could sum it up in 9 words:
More foot room!
I said I could sum it up that way but will say more:

The Future Beach Trophy 126 paddles easy, glides nicely and tracks well. It has plenty of features usually seen in higher priced kayaks. The seat is OK for about 1.5 Ī hours. Our first time out was for almost 2 hours and it was reasonably comfortable for that time. Our second time out was over 4 hours and it started getting uncomfortable at the halfway point. As mentioned earlier I think the Trophy 126 needs more room for my feet. I am 6' tall, weigh 218 lbs and wear size 11.5 shoes, not exactly giant feet and I my feet are pretty cramped in this kayak.

With my size I can get in and out pretty good, the cockpit size is adequate for a recreational Kayak but could be a little longer than the 39". My wife's Future Beach Fusion has a 46" cockpit and I wish mine was similar especially considering how I have to twist my feet around to fit inside.

I paid $269 for this well built and feature laden kayak. With a little more foot room and a little better seat it would be the perfect kayak for recreational paddling and fishing.

07-24-2011
Submitted by: boonie

We bought 2 Trophy126 Kayaks at Dick's. This was our fist time in a kayak and couldn't believe how easy to maneuver. They move fast with hardly any exertion. No tipping sensations at all. Very different than a canoe. My husband uses his for fishing and I use mine for nature viewing. What better way to get up-close to nature. We love them!!

06-20-2011

First kayak I have owned. Bought this at Dick's. This boat was comfortable on a river then moved to a lake and it was a great ride. The only problem it could not keep up with the wife's. She bought Future beach 124 (forget the exact model). But I bought this mainly for fishing not racing.

05-23-2011
Submitted by: JagermeisterjimSend Email

I've had my Trophy 126 for a few years now and for the money, it can't be beat. The bulkhead came loose going over a shallow area, but I use dry bags anyway, so losing the "sealed" compartment only gave me more room to carry stuff. It's extremely stable and easy to control on lakes and small rivers. I'm very happy with the purchase.

05-19-2011

Just make sure that you get one with the new Adjustable Easy Riderô II comfort seat cushion. It turn this good value but not so comfortable kayak into a great value and very comfortable kayak. For those who already own one, Future Beach or Equinox will sell you the new seat for a reasonable price (i.e., my buddy said under $40, I think). It doesn't appear on either of the Future Beach or Equinox websites, so you must call and speak with someone directly. Just make sure that you have your American to Canadian dictionary handy when you call. ;)

05-16-2011
Submitted by: PaulSend Email

Great kayak at a very good price. 300.00

05-03-2011
Submitted by: TimSend Email

I bought the kayak at Dicks Sporting Goods, and then hit the lake. I was nervous at first because all the training videos on YouTube teach you what to do when the kayak flips assuming it happens a lot, but that's not the case. This kayak was plenty stable on the water on a windy day and even when boats went by. The width of the kayak is 29.5" making it stable enough to reach behind me and grab my fishing pole that was in the pole holders. Tracking was ok. You're not going to set any speed records but it gets you were you want. The weight capacity is 250 pounds and I weigh that give or take. But the kayak was just fine. I assume that the lighter you way the better it will go. Another good thing is the weight of the kayak. It is light enough for me to put it on top of my Ford Escape by myself. The only thing I didn't like about it was the seat. My life vest would get caught on it and make it ride up. Other than that this was a great buy. The Kayak was 349.99 orig 499.99 than I got the paddles for $50 and a life vest for $30. And a cup holder for like $2. I spent $432.00 on it and it has been a great buy. I got to places on the lake were non paddle boats can't go and caught 5 fish in 2 hours. I do recommend a bracket to hold the paddle. They do have the bungees you can put it in but if you want it in and out a little quicker than get the paddle holder.

02-21-2011
Submitted by: NormSend Email

I purchased this kayak (in yellow) last summer and have loved it since. I have used it in mild rapids and it performed excellent. So my wife decided she wanted to go kayaking. I rented her a 12ft Perception which was a bit more narrow with a round hull. Throughout the 14 mile river run we often traded kayaks to compare. Her kayak was a bit faster but that didn't matter much since we were drifting in a fast river. However, Trophy 126 was by far much more stable. It also tracked incredibly well while the Perception required a bit more effort to keep it in a straight line.

All in all, the only disadvantage with the Trophy 126 was the speed, but that's because you have a wider hull cutting through the water, but that same wider hull is what gives the Trophy 126 its incredible stability making it more versatile, for drifting down the river to fishing along the coast, or just paddling at the lake. I am currently in the process of purchasing my second Trophy 126 (probably the orange one).

02-10-2011

This is my first Yak. Bought it at Dicks after renting others. After being in more expensive boats I was really pleased with this boat. The seat lacks on the bottom, but I added a gel insert and that has helped. Tracks better than my wife's Perception. I'm 235 and 6 ft. Boat has great storage. Great boat for the money!

06-02-2010
Submitted by: mrcSend Email

Bought this kayak at Dicks. Thought it would make a handy fishing boat. I own 3 other kayaks, but this is the 1st F.B. I am impressed how heavy built this thing is, and yes it is heavy for a 10fter. My main complaint is lack of foot room. I can't understand why the people at Future Beach just don't make these things a little taller in the front.

With that said, for a modest price you will get one tuff, stable kayak with a lot of features you'll only find on more expensive models.you might also find you'll want a little more padding on the seat

05-13-2010
Submitted by: Dave B.Send Email

The Trophy 126 is my first kayak, and I had done a lot of research before buying--which mostly just served to scare me and convince me that kayaking was difficult and frustrating.

To my surprise, the Trophy 126 is none of those things! It is AMAZINGLY stable at rest, even in choppy waters--I leaned it to the point of the coaming touching the water with no problems. Leaning it is a bit of a chore in the first place; the dihedral hull is very stable, and resists tipping well. I never have to pay attention to my body position while I'm fishing or fooling around.

As this is my first kayak, I can't say anything regarding speed. It goes as fast as I think it should, and I was pleasantly surprised in this area. Tracking is dead-on; waves and high wind may shift it laterally just a little (not noticeable unless you're specifically looking for it), but never causes the 'yak to change its heading. It's such a joy to paddle in that fishing is now an afterthought. I just spend most of my time gliding around the water!

I'm also very impressed with the cargo capacity. The front hatch isn't much to scream about--it holds my GPS and emergency supplies--but the back hatch opens up into the rear bulkhead, and about a full third of the kayak can be packed full. Holds my rod, tackle box, backpacking tent, a small dry sack, and still isn't half full. Easily could be a weekender 'yak.

The rod mounts are in a good spot, I think, behind the seat and angled outward. They're easy enough to reach, and just right for trolling. My only gripe is that the flush-mount holders won't accommodate a fly rod. Not to worry, 'cause there's plenty of room in the cockpit!

Speaking of which, I'm a 6'0" guy at 185lbs, and there is legroom to spare! I can stretch my legs and feet all the way out, and there's still room!

In all, I'm VERY happy with my purchase. I'll add some more accessories as I get settled in, but I've already been out on it five times and haven't really felt I was missing anything. $300 on sale at Dick's made it a steal!

04-12-2010
Submitted by: thehoodie1Send Email

I got one today at Dick's for $349. I have never Kayak'd before, only been on a canoe. I was in it for over an hour....went where it was pointed and was easy to handle.....I'm using it for 70% fishing.....and I'm happy. Granted it's not as fast as other kayaks out there but if you're fishing..this might be the yak for you.

08-24-2009
Submitted by: JeffSend Email

This is my first Kayak and I had it out for the first time. Absolutely no problems. This Kayak tracked perfectly, was incredibly stable and cut water pretty well. I was able to keep up with a friend of mine that was in a 14' kayak. I don't have much to compare it to, but it seemed extremely comfortable. I was in it for 3 hours fishing, and cruising around.

08-14-2009
Submitted by: AsusSend Email

I've purchased the Trophy 126 on a whim, to get into the water. Normally I'd research. But this kayak has been great on calm water, and in class 1 and 2 rivers. I've exceeded the weight limit with camping gear and I had no problem carrying me to camp. Max.250, loaded approx. 285 lbs. Some problems have been known with the larger version but none with the 126. Bulkhead remained sealed, and with the right paddles, and technique, it's fairly speedy. Future Beach recommends you don't take rapids, but I have. It's tough, and I've seen other brands with cracks afterwords. If you camp there's no substitute. It held my tent, sleeping bag/pad, lantern, clothing, food, gun, and many extras. No problem.