Product Reviews > Kayaks > Delta Kayaks > Delta 18.5 Sport Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Delta 18.5 Sport Kayak by Delta Kayaks

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Delta 18.5 Sport Kayak by Delta Kayaks

Length: 18' 6" - Width: 23.50" - Starting at: $2595.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Delta Kayaks Logo

09-20-2010

I've paddled my 18.5 Sport for two years. It's a really big thermoformed plastic boat. For a large older paddler the boat is comfortable and has great initial stability. It's an awkward carry for one person, but hey, it's 18'6" long! It takes a little effort to get it moving, but it's fast and glides forever. The trim on the cockpit rim came off in the first few months- just frills. The thigh braces should be adjustable. Even with the seat adjusted a max 4" forward, they still came to my knees. The boat is roomy and really needs foam added around the hips, but most boats do. The seat looks great, but it is less comfortable than my Tempest.

Last week I was transporting the boat and allowed a bow strap end to drag under the car. The wheel caught it and yanked the bow down hard and put three big cracks in the hull amidships. I called Delta and was connected immediately to Mark Hall, the owner. He assured me the repair was not a big deal, explained the materials and process and offered to advise the repair person. What great service. It's now being repaired for only $200. The storage capacity is enormous! Great boat.

11-19-2009
Submitted by: PaulBSend Email

I bought my Delta 18.5 just a year ago. The rudder deploy is sticky. The seat adjusts fore and aft but the thigh hooks do not. There is barely enough room for my size 10 feet in anything other than booties. With a 23.5" beam it is extremely stable. It as fast, turns well without the rudder and carries well at 59 lbs. Storage capacity is huge. I am an older kayaker (65) and I love this boat.

08-06-2009
Submitted by: PaulSend Email

I bought my Delta 18.5 Sport in November 2008. I'm very satisfied with the quality and performance. Good boat for a big person. Very comfortable adjustable seat. At over 18' it's a little cumbersome for one person to carry and roof-top. It's still light at 59 lbs. It paddles well in a two foot chop and in ocean swell. With a lot of rocker it turns fairly easily without the rudder. The rudder deploy is sticky and tight. I have no trouble keeping up with other boats.

Pygmy Boats: