Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pelican International > Apex 130 DLX Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Apex 130 DLX Kayak by Pelican International

Rated: 8.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

06-15-2010
Submitted by: DennySend Email

I bought my Apex 130 a year ago and live on the island of Puerto Rico and I have the ease of use in rivers, lakes, mangroves and especially at sea. To start, this is the first of three kayaks that I have now and the cheaper ($200.00 used include the two seats, two paddles and two life jackets) and is very light to carry and transport on the roof of my Suzuki Grand Vitara.

In lakes and rivers is very easy to manage and keep straight, but at sea, usually turn to the right and is a little difficult to maneuver. It is very stable and the back has a big load space which can accommodate a large cooler, I usually sail with my wife and my two children and we sail comfortable. I understand for the price is the best kayak I buy

03-08-2010
Submitted by: joe mSend Email

best bang for your buck. paid $300. sturdy, easy to maneuver, and transport. fits on top of my car. the rear cargo space has enough room for a milk crate w/ pvc tubes for extra poles. look @ BJ's or Costco for this great steal. it is easy to navigate the waters of the LI sound and the south shore.

07-16-2009
Submitted by: SamSend Email

I bought my Pelican Apex 130 DLX at a big box store for $300.00. It has more than exceeded my expectations. I have had it on flat water lakes, and on Long Island Sound in 2-3 foot chop. It has handled everything very well. I use mine for fishing and it gets me where I need to go. It came with a center located rod holder, and I added a couple more. It is not the fastest sit-on-top kayak out there, but it is very stable -- I can even stand on it.
For the price it is a great kayak.

Rendezvous River Sports