Product Reviews > Kayaks > Delta Kayaks > Delta 14.5 Sport Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Delta 14.5 Sport Kayak by Delta Kayaks

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Delta 14.5 Sport Kayak by Delta Kayaks

Length: ' " - Starting at: $
See More Details about this Kayak
Delta Kayaks Logo

08-26-2011

I was excited to move up in length from a 12' to this 14.5' kayak but I'm not sure whether my expectations were too high but I wish I were happier with this kayak. I had a 12' Perception Tribute which was lively and turned on a dime. I had complete control over the boat. When I first started paddling the Delta, I noticed right away it took a few strokes to get the boat moving. Not a quick off the line starter. Second thing I noticed was that the speed, although a little faster than the Tribute, did not blow me away. Third, this thing takes forever to turn. It's like moving from a Miata sportscar to a jeep. Rudder system is awesome though and the boat is very stable. Not sure it's a keeper.

03-29-2010

I have had my delta for about a year and a half. It is my first kayak and I didn't want to review it without trying it in many different weather conditions. This kayak has been great for the area I am in. It is very stable. I have had it out in 20+ winds on the Columbia and have never even felt like it might roll. It is light weight and easily placed in the J style rack on my Outback. The thermoformed plastic has been ideal. The summer time temps here avg 90-100 F. I have not had any issues with hull deformation. I take my kayak to work and leave it on the rack all day in the sun, when I get to the river in the evening, it is still perfect...no dents, etc. I do store it in the garage when not in use. It still looks as nice as the day I bought it.

The footpegs are easily adjusted. The seat has been very comfortable, I have not experienced any issues with my legs falling asleep. It would be fine for a larger paddler, I am 5'4". My husband tried it once, he is 6'(also not much of a kayaker).

I have loved taking little adventures around our area in this boat. I look forward to actually loading it with camping gear for a short trip. This has been a great boat. I have enjoyed my time on the water in it. After a year and a half of consistent use it is still in great shape. Nothing has broken, warped, or fallen apart. It has been a quality product. I would buy a Delta again.

06-08-2009

Very stable, tracks well in wind without the rudder, good glide. The blue is one of the most beautiful colors we've seen and attracts attention from other paddlers every time we're out. The adjustable seat is great and it's lightweight and easy to put on the j bar racks. Love it!