Product Reviews > Accessories > Stohlquist Women's Cruiser PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Stohlquist Women's Cruiser PFD

Stohlquist WaterWare, Inc. Logo
See Products from Stohlquist WaterWare, Inc. in the Buyers' Guide!
Stohlquist WaterWare, Inc. in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Youth PFD's
  • Men's PFD's
  • Fishing PFD's
  • Women's PFD's

09-06-2014

I purchased my Stohlquist Women's Cruiser PFD in March 2014, and have used it extensively this summer. The fit is very good, and it does not ride up while sitting, like previous PFD's I have had. I especially like the padded shoulder straps; a necessity for those day-long paddles!

08-17-2014
Submitted by: morningview86

Very comfortable and well made pfd. Love the mesh panel on bottom half of the back and the zippered front pockets. Doesn't restrict paddling at all. Great choice for larger chested ladies.

07-31-2013

I have several of these Stohlquist Cruiser PFDs. I first tried a MTI PFDiva. The Cruiser is definitely more comfortable. While kayaking my arms do not rub against the sides of the Cruiser. Perhaps due to the nice adjustment areas.

It seems to me that all women's PFDs are a bit puffy in the bust. The Cruiser fits well for my average bust and does not make me feel like the michelin man. I wear this vest for both whitewater and for flat water kayaking. With both the high angle and the low angle paddling styles the Cruiser is a comfortable fit.

I also like that Stohlquist has bright colors for the Cruiser. I really like being visible. Great pockets. Nice little key clip in the pocket.
Highly recommend.

07-27-2013

I tried on many jackets before I felt right with the Stohlquist Women's Cruiser. It fits very well and is very easily adjustable with the angled pull downs. The back is short enough that it doesn't catch on the kayak seatback. The pockets are just the right size to hold keys or a small snack and are easily accessible with the vest on.
I would highly recommend this jacket for big busted women as it fit perfectly on me.

05-15-2009

This is one of the few PFDs that will truly work with a high-back seat like those found in many Old Town kayaks (the ExtraSport XtraComfort seat). Many PFDs claim to be for high backs, but they hit right at the top of the seat back, which is irritating, or they come just below it and you're constantly tugging them down. The foam portion of the Stohlquist Cruiser comfortably clears the seat back even in its highest position, with mesh below.

The Stohlquist Women's Cruiser is the only PFD I've ever owned (I've had several) that I could stand to wear for any length of time. This is mainly because it is cut low in the armpits for great freedom of movement. The women's cup shape really is comfortable. The foam is not bulky---it doesn't protrude out in front of you like many PFDs.

Adjustment is simple: you pull on two straps located on the front and they tighten up the whole PFD, with one additional waist adjustment.
The front zipper works very well. There is a patch on the back where you can attach a light.

I give this PFD an 8 instead of a 10 because I would like the pockets to be larger and I would like to have at least 2 D rings on the outside, not inside the pockets. There is only 1 D ring, inside a pocket.

Price is $90. That's steep, but I guess my life is worth $90. All previous life jackets were used as deck decorations. That could be why paddling.net has never published my photos---they set a bad safety example. Now I can paddle safely and in comfort!