Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information!               FREE Newsletter!
Product Reviews > Accessories > Remackel Welding Canoe Trailer Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Remackel Welding Canoe Trailer

Remackel Trailers Logo
See Products from Remackel Trailers in the Buyers' Guide!
Remackel Trailers in the Buyers' Guide:
  • 6-place Boat Trailer
  • 8-place Boat Trailer
  • 4-place Boat Trailer

05-01-2015
Submitted by: North East Wisconsin PaddlersSend Email

Our club special-ordered a trailer from Remackel Welding. Dennis worked with us to design and build a trailer to our needs. We needed a trailer to haul at least 12 whitewater boats. Dennis built a trailer with 3 uprights (yes 3) which allow us to overlap the sterns of the boats on the center support. When we loaded it for the first time, we were able to load 12 whitewater kayaks on the lower arms alone, plus 3 sea kayaks on the upper arms (plenty of room for another one). And we put another whitewater boat inside the box (diagonally) with room for paddles, helmets and PFDs, and still close the gate.

The trailer hauls smoothly and the construction will last us for many, many, years. We got much more trailer than we had hoped to get.

04-13-2015
Submitted by: KMTSend Email

I just picked up my new 4 canoe/kayak trailer from Remackel Trailer last weekend. My son and I drove 1600 miles round-trip to pick it up. It was worth well worth the trip.

I almost don't know where to start. The design of the trailer is so well thought out. The craftsmanship is from a different era. The attention to detail is unmatched. I have an engineering background, and I just marvel at the quality and design of this trailer. You can tell that Dennis and his team take tremendous pride in their work.

The trailer rides extremely well both empty or fully-loaded. It is very stable and rides so well that I almost forgot that I was hauling a trailer during my return trip from MN to OH.

Finally, through all of my interactions, from creating the specs to picking up the trailer, Dennis and Tristen were responsive, thoughtful, and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend Remackel Trailer to anybody who is looking for a very high quality trailer that will get the job done.

04-08-2015

Best kayak/camping trailer out there. It is made with the care you would take if you were making it yourself - everything has been thought of... Great design, construction, and materials throughout.

04-06-2015
Submitted by: DavidSend Email

After years of renting canoes and kayaks and trying to strap them on the top of my car.....I got tired of it, the scratches to the vehicle, the picking up and dropping off at the paddling shop, and mostly being at the schedule of when the boats were available. So I bought my kids and myself kayaks this year. So that left me with the debate on how to transport them. I looked at ways toe rig them up top, at T bars, and finally at trailers. Initially I looked at the Yakima brand as I liked the idea of being able to fold up the trailer for easy storage. However tempting that was I couldn't get past the cost...especially once all the mounts were added in, and the fact that it was pretty one dimensional. Luckily I saw the Remackel website and was very interested. Loved the idea of how easy it looked to mount your boats, how well the trailers were built, that they are built in northern Minnesota and mostly that they can be used for so much more than just hauling my kayaks. So I went for it and bought the 4 boat trailer. I absolutely love it!!! I could easily fit 5 or 6 kayaks on it and I already cleared out a couple of trees now that I have a trailer to haul brush with. I'm a bit of a handy man as well and it will come in VERY handy on my trips to the lumber yard.

I picked mine up and it was really neat to see the set up...Dennis and Tristen took me in and showed me around. Was really interesting to see all the hand work they do themselves and what a quality product it is. I also think their pricing is very reasonable....I HIGHLY recommend this product and I'm so glad I went with Remackel!!!

03-23-2015
Submitted by: kvSend Email

Just bought the 4 kayak deliverable Remackel trailer. Assembly was incredibly simple. It is plain to see that Remackel worked really hard to make the instructions clear and assembly easy.The trailer looks awesome. It tows as well as any trailer I have ever towed. It is the best kayak trailer on the market. Tristen at Remackel, worked really hard to make sure delivery was flawless.

01-30-2015
Submitted by: Alex MSend Email

Great trailer for Stand-Up Paddleboards! It is light weight and easy to put up to 8 boards on. Box at the bottom can come with an optional cover for gear storage.

12-23-2014
Submitted by: DebSend Email

Just picked up our 4 place canoe/kayak trailer. Awesome steel construction and many little features to make this a long-lasting and convenient trailer. The best customer service! They agreed to meet me on a Sunday for my convenience, and spent extra time helping repair some electrical issues with my trailer hitch when we discovered a problem. If you want a quality, multi-purpose trailer with a business to stand behind their product and amazing customer service, Remackel Trailers is your best bet! Would definitely buy another if I am ever in the market.

12-06-2014

The Remackel 4-place canoe trailer is one well designed and quality built trailer. Details of build quality were especially evident while assembling, as I opted for shipment of a crated unit, which was less costly than the long drive to Minnesota.

This is a very sturdy trailer, with high quality welding of the steel frame and exceptional quality galvanizing of all steel components; even including the wheel and spare tire rims. I thought the 30 year guarantee on the galvanizing sounded a bit extreme, until seeing it up close. There are a number of design features; all built to last. And this trailer does double duty as a very handy utility trailer. You can either easily remove the canoe rack components to convert to a sturdy 5' by 7' box utility trailer, with 16" heavy duty tail gait, enabling hauling of sheet stock, or the canoe racks can be used to haul 16 ft. framing lumber with ease. This is a very handy feature.

The canoe racks are really heavy duty and feature high density rubber gunnel guards riveted onto the galvanized steel frame, a very nice feature for the ash and cherry gunnels on my 16.5 ft. Langford Ultralite Prospector. Loading canoes onto this trailer is dead simple, and so much easier than roof mounts that limit you to one canoe capacity. I prefer to put the Langford on the top rack, above the hood height of any careless drivers. My 14.5 ft. Wenonah Vagabond solo goes on a bottom rack, and while the Esquif 14.5 ft. Pocket Canyon with its extreme rocker for whitewater will fit on the bottom rack, it is easier when alone to mount it on the top rack.

This trailer comes with a very nice custom fit rubberized tarp, which combined with two removable sturdy aluminum tarp bows that prevent rain from pooling on the tarp, keeps the cargo box dry. After a night of heavy rain while camping (3 inches!), all gear in the trailer box was bone dry!

The 5 ft. by 7 ft. by 16 inch high box provides more than enough room to haul camping and canoeing gear, leaving the back of my Jeep free for the dog and any gear I want locked up. With the heavy duty construction this trailer has enough heft to be very stable on the highway in winds, etc., yet is light enough for easy towing on back roads and trails.

I have owned a few trailers in my time, and the combination of unique functionality and high build quality beat anything Iíve seen. Highly recommended.

10-10-2014
Submitted by: SteveSend Email

What a pull! Just got my new four boat 16 inch walled Remackel trailer and drove up to the Apostle Islands for a quick kayak dip in Lake Superior before heading south across Wisconsin the long way. Trailer road great! Backing up is a breeze. Cannot wait to use on an extended camping/boating/biking trip. Easy to move by hand to store. Wonderful and great craftsmanship - get it - a craft made by good men to move your ship...

08-20-2014
Submitted by: JHSend Email

Absolutely love it! Straight forward and well diagrammed assembly. Definitely a two person job but only took a couple of hours. High quality materials and very well constructed. Everything was color coded, pre-drilled, and lined-up perfectly.

I spent hours and hours researching kayak trailers. I really wanted a multi-purpose trailer to haul a lot of gear and our kayaks too. The Remackel trailer is perfect. It's super-solid, tracks beautifully, and looks great. Dennis and Tristen were very helpful answering all the questions I had both before and after purchasing and assembly. Really great guys to work with.

We've been avoiding our kayaks for the past two years because it was just getting too hard to get all three of them up on the roof of my pickup and strapped down. No more. Got the trailer on Tuesday, assembled it that evening, and was on the water on Sunday. Perfect!

05-18-2014
Submitted by: SRMSend Email

I bought a 4-place, 2200 lb capacity model and I am very impressed by the design, construction and features of the trailer. Dennis has put a lot of thought into strength/weight ratio. Material selection and execution of the design are top-notch. Tongue jack and spare tire included add to the value. I spent many years pulling canoe trailers around at a summer camp and this is easily the best I've ever used.

05-09-2014

Picked up trailer from Remackel and drove 500 miles home. No problems, pulled straight and true. Very pleased with design and craftsmanship. A wonderful balance of utility trailer and canoe trailer. Well Done.
I recommend without reservation.

04-28-2014
Submitted by: TimSend Email

Picked up my Ultimate 4 rack canoe trailer 3 days ago.
I drove it home 200 miles and was very impressed with the workmanship and attention to detail. The trailer is extremely well built and appears to be very durable for the long run. Dennis has been building trailers for 25 years and it shows in the quality of his trailers.

04-24-2014
Submitted by: BonnieSend Email

When we were looking for a new canoe trailer we heard great reviews of Remackel Canoe Trailers from other outfitters on the Gunflint Trail. We bought our first one a few years back and we are getting another one this spring. Denny actually will custom build any kind of trailer you need. We wanted to change up this trailer a bit and Denny had no problems changing the trailer to what we wanted.
We love working with him and he builds high quality trailers for a great price. Thank you Denny!

04-23-2014
Submitted by: John CarpenterSend Email

We picked up our 8 place canoe trailer from Remackels last week and it looked great. Nice welding workmanship,canoe protectors on the rails. Tie down hooks, tires and box just the way we wanted. We ordered the trailer of course and Dennis was very careful to make us what we wanted as well as what we needed. The communication was excellent. Anyway off to Wenonah we go and pick up 8 heavy livery canoes,and head back to Little Falls. The trailer performed excellent. It's super balanced, no sway at all. 65mph with 700lbs of boats and it tracks like it's on rails. I forgot to mention the sweet custom made tarp with tie-downs that covers the box, doesn't even flap at highway speeds. Thanks Dennis.

03-31-2014
Submitted by: Barlow04Send Email

Best customer service I've received! Will definitely buy here again. I heard about them through a friend of mine who spends a lot of time researching his buys, so I knew I could trust his recommendation and he was right! Very easy to use and at a great price (which isn't a common thing these days)! The racks are removable which was a huge selling point for me as I use trailers for work daily and for camping-canoeing-atv trips.
Thanks again guys!

03-31-2014
Submitted by: MollySend Email

I bought the 4 place canoe trailer and the canoe racks are so easy to remove. I would recommend anyone buy a canoe trailer from Remackel trailers.

03-28-2014
Submitted by: GCSend Email

The entire rack and frame are very well hot dip galvanized. Innovative design features built for long time use and durability. Our Scout Troop will have for generations to come.

Submitted by: CimSend Email

Great product from a fantastic, family-run company. Trailer I received was very high quality and the customer service was top notch as well. Can't really ask for much else! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to purchase a canoe trailer.

Submitted by: DevinSend Email

This trailer is so versatile! I love the fact that the canoe racks are removable because I have a lawn mower business and it works perfect to haul my mowers around!

Submitted by: B. JohnsonSend Email

I have used Remackel Trailers in the past and can say without hesitation that they are some of the best trailers on the market. They're sturdy, carefully crafted, and the owner of the company is extremely knowledgeable about his product. They're a truly local and American made product. Buy one and it most likely be the last trailer you'll ever need because it's built last.

03-12-2014
Submitted by: LarrySend Email

Purchased a canoe trailer from Remackel Welding and I am very pleased with the quality and utility. I wanted a trailer that could be used year around and not just for canoes. I got the heavy duty one (3500# axle) and use it to haul everything from yard mulch to rocks. Being able to remove the canoe rack really helps. Only wish I would have gotten the trailer years ago. Great Product!

05-13-2009

Denny Remackel (www.remackelwelding.com/canoe.html) manufacturers a variety of trailers. In 2006 he custom built a canoe trailer for me. It has an aluminum frame, steel axle, plywood sides. I absolutely love it. I haven't seen anything that is as useful, durable or maintenance free. The canoe rack is removable which allows me to use it for hauling other stuff. Being lightweight allows me to haul it easily behind my compact car at freeway speeds.

©2015 Paddling.net Inc.