Product Reviews > Accessories > Seattle Sports NightQuest Deck Compass Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seattle Sports NightQuest Deck Compass

Seattle Sports Logo
See Products from Seattle Sports in the Buyers' Guide!
Seattle Sports in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Safety Gear
  • Throw Bags
  • Lights
  • Paddle Leashes

01-07-2009

I was skeptical, but based on a positive review, I bought this compass. I love this thing!
Let me first say that I probably have 2 or 3 Suunto 'Orcas' laying around that I have happily used for years. This compass is WAY better than the Orca in just about every way... and it's $10 less. It has both a bungee tie down and a big suction cup for a secure fit. It does stand a little taller than the Orca, so it is a little more prone to getting knocked around. However, the taller stance is a real unexpected plus. You can mount it a little closer to the cockpit for easy reading without it becoming hidden behind your deck-top bag, etc.

The text is much larger and clearer than the Orca. It also includes N, E, W, S and even NE, SW, NW and SE text... much easier and quicker to read and get your bearings. It also has a built-in light and sensor that, when activated, comes on automatically when it gets dark and goes off when it gets light. It's a great compass for a great price.