Product Reviews > Accessories > MSR DragonFly Packable Stove Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for MSR DragonFly Packable Stove

Rated: 8.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Food / Cooking Supplies in the Buyers' Guide!
Food / Cooking Supplies
View Food / Cooking Supplies in Buyers' Guide

07-02-2014

OK, from the other reviews we know this stove is loud but I would still give it a 9 out of 10. I liked mine so much I bought two of them. I have used the Coleman Peak 1 and the Primus Multi Fuel and I sold them both to buy the second Dragonfly. The Dragonfly stove is like a tiny jet engine and it will get your water hot very fast but the thing simmers (bakes) like a dream. The Primus was lousy at simmering and the Peak 1 got too hot under the Outback Oven hood. I am an old timer that grew up with white gas and know how to handle some of the issue other complain about and I don't really care for the canister stoves. I've had my first stove for about 12 years without any big issues(clogged in-line fuel filter) but I have contacted Cascade Design a few times and they have always provided SUPER customer support

So the 2 big questions:

1. Would I purchase this stove again? Heck yes! I already did it.
  2. Would I recommend this stove to someone else? Yes, without a second thought.

02-22-2011

This is my second season with the Dragonfly. It is one amazing stove. Whether it's 32F, fierce wind, or raining it primes well, heats quickly. Holds larger pans without fear of toppling off the burner, simmers nicely, sips fuel, packs small. In 5 days, 2 meals a day and I only used 1/2 the gas. It's LOUD!

Points off for the quality of the pump. It has so many exposed parts where sand or grit could become lodged. It doesn't seem as well built as the Coleman pump which lasted me 13 years. I have to protect it from contamination while using the stove on a sandy beach campsite and clean it carefully after use. I can now see why MSR sells replacement pumps for its stoves.

12-24-2008
Submitted by: Jorge

An omnivore with an attitude. This packable stove will burn just about anything, easily support a 4 liter pot or a 12" cast iron frying pan, and the burner (loud!!!) puts out heat. Priming is a snap with the integral priming wick: wet the wick, light and in 30-60 secs you are cooking at 10kBTUs with great simmer ability. When you are all done the stove folds up into a tight little package. One of the most versatile back-packable stoves for 1-4 person meals.