Product Reviews > Canoes > Dagger > Legend 15 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Legend 15 Canoe by Dagger

Rated: 9.42/10 Based On: 12 Reviews

07-22-2013

We have used this on multi-day tours. Loaded it paddles well on big water. It is our river canoe, and is perfect for the local rivers near our home. I can load and unload it myself. Paddles well solo or with a partner. Very sturdy construction.

07-21-2013
Submitted by: Jeff SmithSend Email

Excellent durable canoe. We have taken this canoe to BWCA twice. We live near several good canoeing rivers here in Ohio where this boat is at its very best.

07-17-2013
Submitted by: Bill RSend Email

This is an amazing boat. I believe it has 3" of rocker on the front, so it is great for moving water. up to class III - it's very stable and I like it better than the 16 because it is about 10 pounds lighter, a little narrower, so you can solo it easily, and it's still big enough to go on a multi-day trip

03-24-2010
Submitted by: hansSend Email

I have the 15 ft Dagger for 2 years and it is a great all rounder good for over night stays with camping gear as well. Good speed and stable and proper water proof hatches. Trekking very good.

03-01-2005
Submitted by: bmanuelSend Email

Great for solo or tandem. An extra long kayak paddle should be used for soloing, especially flat water. Very nimble for a 15 footer and very east to portage. Secondary stability is awesome. This boat does not want to sink. If you are looking to paddle 1 to 2 week trips on class I - III rivers, this is the boat. This boat is not afraid of big water.

08-04-2003

I just took my new Legend 15 on its maiden voyage--the Allagash Waterway in Maine. I had opportunity to paddle it both tandem and solo, on flat water and class I-II rapids, loaded and unloaded. It handled each of these categories with finesse, and I was especially impressed with its easy manueverability. I was the envy of Maine guides, tourists, and experienced boaters. I was expecting a much slower canoe in flat water venues, but was pleasantly surprised with its ability to move right along. The tandem kayaks couldn't keep up, and we weren't pushing it. The only time I struggled to keep on track was during a terrific storm that came up while out in the middle of a lake section, otherwise it tracked reasonably well with proper strokes. Secondary stability is awesome--even loaded to the gills. I portaged for 1/3 mile solo and the canoe was very easy to handle, and with a padded yoke, comfortable to carry. I love the way this canoe is set up for both tandem and solo paddling. In each case, it was a delightful experience. I did alot of research before purchasing this canoe, and was expecting it to meet my needs, but the canoe turned out to be better than I expected, and I give it a 10 for an awesome moving water touring canoe.

07-04-2002
Submitted by: LJE

I'm very satisfied with this boat and its versatility. More maneuverable than a 16 foot in rapids. Is also wetter in big water, but with a centre float bag, no problem in the biggest of waves. Also good for paddling solo with kids, lighter on portages, and can still carry enough for a week long expedition. It's bombproof. Recommended if you do a variety of paddling, more whitewater than flat water, many weekend trips, and a couple of longer ones per year.

04-30-2002
Submitted by: JimSend Email

A very versatile boat. I use it mainly for solo paddling but have also gone on tandem overnight trips with it. It is my favorite canoe out of the five that I own. It is great for fly fishing - I rigged an anchor to the stern and can park the boat in a gentle current, stand up and cast. I fall out every now and then but miraculously the boat doesn't capsize.

09-04-2001

Very versitle river boat. Love to paddle it tandem on class I or turn it around and paddle solo in class II and III. Just glued in a sadle and knee pads. Now I can paddle it tandem, solo or solo from the sadle. Great in fast water.

06-29-2001

My Dagger Royalex L15 is a pretty good downriver boat, either tandem or solo, but really comes up short as a solo boat on flat water - especially in a cross or head wind, or against the current in a river. Maybe I've been spoiled by my old Sawyer Autumn Mist in this respect, but I believe that Dagger's promotion of this canoe as a solo boat is a bit far fetched. Overall, tripping in this boat is limited, either as a tandem or as a solo.

05-18-2000
Submitted by: Bill NSend Email

Great tandem and solo boat. Once you get your stroke down you can move at a good clip on flat water. Have had this on the rails and stayed dry. Easy to maneuver tandem or solo.

02-22-1999
Submitted by: Rich AllenSend Email

This is a great tandem if you are in white water (II or III) and you are tripping. Not a good canoe for flat-water. Good rocker for eddy turns yet able to keep on track. The boat you need if you are a tandem whitewater tripper.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports