Product Reviews > Kayaks > Boreal Design > Sedna Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sedna Kayak by Boreal Design

Sedna Kayak by Boreal Design

Length: 15' 0" - Width: 23.25" - Starting at: $1399.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Boreal Design Logo

08-03-2013

I have paddled the Sedna several times as my brother owns one, and there are a few things I have to share. First it is a comfortable kayak to sit in, and has plenty of room for the paddler. The hatch covers are nice, but would recommend keeping a little (not too much) lube on the lip to make for easier installation. It is a very attractive kayak, but I guess that is in the eye of the beholder. It is not fast, but average for a 15 footer.

The main issue I have had with the boat is due to being a soft chined hull, it tracks terrible if not using the rudder. You almost feel that you are dog tracking, and maybe even paddling on a angle. The rudder fixes this satisfactorily, but without, it is frustrating.

09-23-2008

This is the worst kayak that I have ever been in. I have been renting kayaks for over a year now to find one that I want to buy for myself. I tried kayaking in a Sedna, but I could not get anywhere. It kept pulling to the left continually. My friend was in a different model Boreal and did not have any problem, but we had to return our rentals after only 30 minutes since I could not get anywhere on the water.

Ostrom Outdoors: