Product Reviews > Accessories > Storus Dry Pouch Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Storus Dry Pouch

Research Bags, Cases, and Packs in the Buyers' Guide!
Bags, Cases, and Packs
View Bags, Cases, and Packs in Buyers' Guide

09-22-2008

I needed just a very small dry bag to store my essentials when I was out on the lake. Basically something that was large enough to hold my cell phone, my wallet, my camera, and my car keys. Everything else, for now, I can leave on shore with the car.

I was at a local department store and found a bag by a company called "Storus." It was located with the camping equipment. It looked to be large enough to meet my needs, and small enough to not waste a ton of space. I picked it up for a pretty good price.

First, the good. The bag is big enough for the essentials that I listed above with a little room to spare. I got the "camera" sized bag, so I'm sure that's why it holds the things I need it to. They made smaller and larger models as well, but this one seems perfect for my needs. The bag comes with a neck strap for carrying it around and a carabiner to hook it to a D-ring on the boat. Both of these items were important to me because with the nature of the items I'm keeping in the DryPouch, I really, REALLY don't want them to fall out of the boat in any way. The other really good thing about the bag is the sealing method. It has a solid plastic top that hooks together and is then sealed by two switches that lock the bag shut. This sealing device seems VERY secure and is pretty easy to use. I really like that feature of the bag.

Now for the bad. The bag's seams don't seem like they are made with the greatest quality. It's possible that this is just paranoia on my part, but it just seems like they aren't quite as high quality as the closure device on the bag. It's possible that they will be perfectly fine, and so far they have been, but they seem to be the weak point of the pouch.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. I don't like the idea of leaving the cell phone in the car when I'm out paddling and I also don't want to ruin my camera, so this bag fits my needs perfectly. The only reason for the 8 as the score and not a 10 is because of the seams...they just look like a weak point on an otherwise wonderful product!!!