Product Reviews > Accessories > Katadyn Base Camp water filter Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Katadyn Base Camp water filter

Rated: 3.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Katadyn North America Logo
See Products from Katadyn North America in the Buyers' Guide!
Katadyn North America in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Katadyn Camp
  • Katadyn Expedition
  • Katadyn Vario

07-25-2013

I took the Base Camp to the BWCA and it did not filter but 2 quarts before it stopped flowing. It was un-fixable although I tried. Had to boil water which made us have to ration fuel. Do not spend money on this product it will not work at least in the BWCAW

04-23-2009

Bought the Base Camp model last year to use on a week long canoe/camp trip in northern WI. Never got 15 gallons of water out of it before it was totally clogged. Water was not silty. Good thing I had tablet back ups.

08-27-2008

Recently our group of 12 people used a variety of water filtration devices on a 14-day Yukon Territory canoe trip. The Katadyn Base Camp proved to be the standout favorite. It was so simple to use and required no pumping. We just filled the 2.5 gallon bag, hung it up and watched it fill the water jugs. Nobody got sick, so I guess it did what is was supposed to do as far as removing the nasties from the water. Our water sources, the Teslin and Yukon Rivers, were fairly clear, so I don't know how well it would filter silty water. Would suggest reading the reviews on Trailspace.com before you buy.