Product Reviews > Canoes > Pelican International > Ultimate 120 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Ultimate 120 Canoe by Pelican International

Canoes Image Canoes Image
Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

08-02-2010
Submitted by: jsSend Email

I purchased this Kayak for my wife. She didn't use it for the first year, because she didn't want to go by herself. So a year later we got a different brand kayak for me and when we went out mine was fine, but hers doesn't track worth a crap. Unfortunately it was too late to take it back. But I would recommend this to anyone who just wants to go in circles, because that's what you're going to do.

06-01-2010
Submitted by: Brian LaughlinSend Email

I purchased this yak due to it's low price and good looks. My son has the 100DLX and really enjoys it. I purchased an inexpensive paddle just to try this boat out. Tracking is not bad, handling takes some getting used to. After about an hour of getting acclimated to the boat, it is apparent I made the right choice for a 1st time kayak.
    The only thing I plan on changing is
  1. Purchasing a higher quality paddle.
  2. A stick on seat cushion.
  3. The optional work table.
  4. 3lb anchor kit.
  5. Fishing rod holder.
My son and I can now yak together on local lakes and streams. What fun!!!

08-01-2008

The ultimate 120 by PI is not a bad kayak. That being said it is a lower end priced boat. I paid $329.00 at Dunham's Sports. It is a no frills boat. it has an adjustable seat back, and no seat cushion (one can be purchased separately according to the parts list). And the storage compartment is laughable at best. The boat is tippy. However, it does not do to bad when paddling. Not the fastest but it does not track badly. I tried a Pungo 120 out and should have went with that, but money is tight so I got this one. I am just a beginner and I figure I am going to make the best of it and I do like it despite its drawbacks.

Rendezvous River Sports