Reviews for Freestyle Audio Soundwave MP3 player
Based On: 2 Reviews
03-15-2010Submitted by: bep
First of all, it does not work while swimming. The buds get water in them or something and you can't hear it. Secondly, the battery died (I was charging it by connecting it with my pc in the meanwhile) in less than 3 months.
07-30-2008Submitted by: Kevin1963
Don't Miss the Paddling.net Weekly Newsletter!
My recent purchase of the Freestyle Audio Soundwave from Swimoutlet.com proved to be disappointing.
The Freestyle Audio Soundwave was purchased to solve the problem of me being too scared of exposing my Ipod Nano to the elements in an aftermarket case. While small, lightweight, and having enough memory for my needs, the Soundwave fails in the following categories.
After having pointed out all the negatives, I have to admit that if it had not filled with water and stopped working, I would probably still be using it.
- Itís not waterproof (and yes, the headphones were plugged in) mine filled with water and failed to work in less than a week.
- The earphone/earbud design was painful in my ears and failed to keep the water out.
- The display is difficult to see (as are a lot of LED displays in direct sunlight) and operating the controls with gloves on was impossible.
- The sequence of buttons that have to operated for volume, play lists etc are not user friendly.
- The software for loading play lists etc is also not user friendly.
The Soundwave I bought was purchased over the internet from Swimoutlet.com. Swimoutlet.com has a wide selection of products at competitive prices. I only wish they would redirect some of their profits into customer support which is horrible.
120,000+ people can't be wrong!
The Paddling.net Newsletter is a must if you like to canoe or kayak! Each week it is packed with great articles, photos, product reviews, and special features. Better yet, we promise not to sell your email address to anyone; that's right ZERO spam! Sign up today and find out what you've been missing!