Product Reviews > Canoes > Mad River Canoe > Horizon 15 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Horizon 15 Canoe by Mad River Canoe

Canoes Image Canoes Image Canoes Image
Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

01-15-2010
Submitted by: Jay WintersSend Email

I've been paddling 40 years having grown up on Keuka Lake. Had more canoes than Jimmy Carter has liver pills. Found the Horizon 15 the best all around canoe. Superbly efficient. Secondary stability incredibly safe. Royalex rugged. This baby takes my son and I to the Adirondacks on remote lake crossing with ease, around bends of creeks and we even turn it around and do up to class2 rapids. This is a masterpiece.

07-24-2008
Submitted by: mmSend Email

I purchased a Mad River Horizon 15 a few years back - I had some experience paddling but this was the first canoe I actually owned. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to test paddle the canoe, but from the limited reviews I could find (and because it was cheap!), I decided to take the plunge.

I will say that it's a great handling canoe, easily turned, not great for straight line tracking... but the biggest problem I had was the stability. It seemed to have little initial stability, even when loaded, and I had a hard time enjoying the ride, even solo. Secondary stability, on the other hand, was great, and you could lean it to the gunwales without too much fear. I could never get past the tippy-ness of it, and moved on to a Spirit II.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!