Product Reviews > Accessories > Accent Diamond Edge Helium paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Accent Diamond Edge Helium paddle

Rated: 7.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

09-27-2011
Submitted by: DarrenSend Email

I like this paddle. It weighs 22oz., and is so easy to paddle extended periods.
As for the blade design, If you have a high angle stroke, you'd be better off with a different paddle blade shape. Unfortunately, I have quite a high angle and as a result I work harder to keep up than I should. I have a fast boat, and move along better with a heavier, longer bladed paddle.

I also noticed the blade chipping somewhat as I paddle rocky bays. I felt my use was normal, but it's getting chipped up a fair bit. My heart sinks when I see the chips due to the cost of the paddle.

This paddle is so light I've almost lost it a number of times when high winds hit the exposed blade. It sounds like a con, but it's not really, I guess. Just hang on tight...good news is, it floats! Keep a spare paddle handy, or a good paddle leash!

08-12-2011

My paddle warped within the first year. Accent was good about sending me a new one under warranty. However, the craftsmanship is not that of my Werner. Buy a Werner

06-13-2008
Submitted by: Michael DeeganSend Email

I own an outdoors store and in my opinion the Accent Diamond Edge Helium is the Rolls Royce when it comes to paddles. I use it with my fishing kayak and it's incredible lightweight design makes it a dream to use. The shaft and blades are made from carbon fiber which makes it strong enough to take on nearly anything you can throw at it. A friend of mine bought one of these after I recommended it to him and he loved it too. If you're serious about kayaking I'd get one of these.