Product Reviews > Kayaks > Native Watercraft > Ultimate 12 Tegris Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Ultimate 12 Tegris Kayak by Native Watercraft

09-04-2014
Submitted by: MRSend Email

I've been fishing out of the Tegris for 2 years now. Great inshore and handles chop in open bay too. Tracks good, maneuverable. Seems almost to be too light of a build-very flexible, but it's apparently tougher than it looks/feels. I believe it holds up better to impact than abrasion. I've gouged it on an oyster shoal pretty deep (and its a thin boat).

The weight factor is hard to beat. You can literally pack this thing through woods to a put-in. Standing is difficult, not easy like the heavier plastic model looks to be. Hull slap is huge in anything other than slick water, although it doesn't seem to spook skinny water redfish (whom are spooky) much, maybe because the boat is so light that it's not causing much concussion under the water. Anyway, after 25 years of slinging 60 lb. kayaks around, this boat is literally a walk on the beach!

08-10-2014
Submitted by: Darryl BeckerSend Email

I've owned the Native Watercraft Tegris Ultimate for 6 years now. I fish out of it in rivers, ponds and lakes all over southern Ontario. I purchased it because of it's light weight (30 lbs) and it's advertised indestructibility. It is light but indestructible it is not. Three years in I had to get a canoe repair shop to re-enforce the bow and stern with kevlar fabric because I was wearing through the Tegris. I cart my yak to launches and only drag it short distances so abuse is not the reason for failure. It still fits all my fishing needs but I can only rate it an 8 out of 10 because of the cost, double and then some compared to the same poly boat, and lack of durability.

05-30-2012
Submitted by: LASend Email

This boat is for flatwater fishing. Obvious advantages are the weight; lifting for mount/dismount on the car rack, and the carry weight from the vehicle to the water. Other advantages; with the hybrid design it is well setup to hold/access gear for fishing. The adjusters for your feet are really convenient and easy to adjust. Another big advantage is the seat, it is just plain comfortable and removable which makes the boat 29 lbs on the shoulder with seat in other hand,,so easy.

The double hull makes it possible to stand while in the boat, you have to be careful but you can stand up when you need to for brief periods. The boat is a bit less rigid than a poly kayak, I don't find it to be a problem. It is not for long distances, if you don't fish and you want to paddle 5 miles, there are other choices. If you fish on flatwater it is a very worthy and comfortable prospect. Remember, when you go fishing to a place you drive-to, you are going to lift/carry it at least 4 times..easy on the back !!

08-26-2010
Submitted by: paddlepackSend Email

If you want a lite stable boat to fish, bird, photo in this is it, the seat is like sitting in a lawn chair, like I said the boat is very stable, tracking is ok but I wouldn't want to do 10 miles of flat water, would make a great small river or creek boat, more freeboard than I have read on some web reviews (I'm close to 200 lbs), not a whitewater boat, seat weight 6 lbs, boat without seat 30 lbs, my 240 cm paddle worked ok with the boat. fly fished for 3 hrs the other day and my back felt like I had been sitting in my lazy boy, really pretty boat, pewter rails, no wood.

06-05-2008
Submitted by: AM

This boat is the BEST!!! It's quick and agile. When I demoed it flexed a little but nothing to worry about. The thing that got me was the weight - 39lbs I almost threw it across the lake when I moved it. This boat is great for any one looking for a LITE stable boat for cruising around or fishing.

Rendezvous River Sports