Product Reviews > Kayaks > Heritage Kayaks > Redfish 10 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Redfish 10 Kayak by Heritage Kayaks

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

01-27-2011

This is my second Heritage Redfish. Read my review of the Redfish 12 also.
I bought the Redfish 10 as a companion kayak to my Redfish 12. The 10 is lighter and easier to manage than the 12 getting on and off the truck racks. The cockpit space is almost identical to the bigger 12 and is plenty roomy.

I use the Redfish 10 to fish from lakes. My wife uses it when we paddle together on day trips. It is stable,and gets into very shallow coves with ease. It isn't as easy to control in head winds as the 12 but not a problem either.

One significant thing about Heritage Kayaks is the warranty coverage, it is the best for any product I have ever purchased period. Nine months after buying my Redfish 12 it developed a hairline crack at the front of the seat. I took it to Outdoor World in Dawsonville, Georgia. They took a photo of the small crack and e-mailed it to Heritage Kayaks. One day later I was informed to leave my kayak at Outdoor World and Heritage was sending me a complete new Redfish 12 kayak in seven days. Unbelievable in this day and age.

Heritage Kayaks is what you want, for quality, value, and warranty satisfaction.

11-06-2009
Submitted by: ajmSend Email

I tried the 10 and 12' models of the Redfish and came away with the 10', mostly because of the weight (less than 40lbs) As I get older (64) I need less weight more than I need more speed. This yak is very stable and easy to maneuver. I'm a little claustrophobic so it's tough for me to use a sit in yak. The sit on top design also allows me to stretch my legs in any direction, which also gives my back a break.

My main needs are fishing and fun. The 10' Redfish does both extremely well.

06-24-2009
Submitted by: BTSend Email

I have what my wife calls a plastic navy of fishing yaks, all large, long and heavy to load: I purchased a Redfish 10 to use as a grab and go light weight yak. Tossed in in the bay today under choppy and breezy conditions.

The Redfish 10 tracks remarkably well for a short yak, is fast out of the hole, is quite dry with the scupper plugs in, and possesses remarkable stability, in fact better than many longer yaks. The factory seat feels like a kidney punch while sitting on a brick: I tossed it and installed a Crazy Creek air yak seat like I use in all of my other yaks: my Redfish 10 is now as comfortable as it is a joy to launch and fish from.

The Redfish 10 greatly exceeded my expectations. All of my fishing is in semi-protected bays in Southwest Louisiana. The Redfish 10 handled the chop and large power boat wakes extremely well. I love this little yak.

06-15-2009
Submitted by: DaveSend Email

The Red Fish 10 is my first Kayak and am very happy with. Picked up a used town and country sit inside so the wife could ride along - guess who gets the red fish? When I get to use it, I find it to be very comfortable and stable and a great way to spend a day on the water. I would recommend this Yak to anyone who is in the market; workmanship, ride and storage are first rate

07-07-2008

This is my first kayak that I have ever owned, so I have limited experience to make comparisons to other kayaks. I can tell you that I love my Redfish 10. It is a very comfortable ride and is very stable in lots of different conditions. I have taken it on some local lakes, rivers, and canals. I try to do 4-5 mile long trips and have found the Redfish to offer a comfortable ride with nice tracking for a 10 footer. There is lots of storage for equipment too. I would recommend the Redfish for anyone looking to try kayaking for the first time.

06-03-2008
Submitted by: RyanSend Email

Been out on my new Redfish 10 a handful of times now, and love it. For a 10' boat it tracks well. Very comfortable. I'm 6'2 180 and and have plenty of leg-room and stability. Comes with a really nice padded seat, paddle holders and adjustable foot rests. Also had a rubber hatch cover with plenty of storage room. At $599 it cost a little more than comparable boats, but it was worth it since none of the others I was looking at had any of the above features. I figured it would be worth an extra $100, and I was right. Redfish 10 is very stable in the water. Perfect for flat water like lakes & rivers. Even does good on the Gulf of Mexico on a flat day.

Rendezvous River Sports