Product Reviews > Accessories > Seattle Sports deluxe deck bag Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seattle Sports deluxe deck bag

Rated: 7.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Seattle Sports Logo
See Products from Seattle Sports in the Buyers' Guide!
Seattle Sports in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Dry Doc Splashproof Cases
  • E-Merse Waterpoof Cases

08-06-2013
Submitted by: MiataJoeSend Email

The plastic window on my first deck bag failed. It was promptly replaced (under warranty) with another bag that seemed to be made of better material. The zipper on the second bag failed after about a dozen uses. Now I have a taped up bag with a working zipper and another useless bag. Not very encouraging.

05-06-2009

My cockpit is way too small to store anything in and I needed some means of having items (camera, binoculars, snacks, extra water, etc) at hand when the spray skirt is on. REI Outlet had these on sale for $31.93 (reg. price $49.95), so I thought I'd pick one up.

The Seattle Sports Deluxe Deck Bag really fits the bill. Lot's of storage space, ample straps and a spider bungee up top. Zippers glide smoothly and are easy to grasp with gloves on. While it is not waterproof, it does a good enough job of keeping items dry. I don't think I'd pay $50 for one. The retail price of $50 is the only reason I gave it a 9.
For $32, I recommend it.

07-02-2008
Submitted by: BladeZealotSend Email

Well...just wanted to mention {as a follow up to my previous review} that we were caught in a very heavy rain on the river the other day, paddling for about 30-40 minutes before it stopped. I expected my SS deluxe to have a little water in it, as I had it with the access zipper slanted up, using it as ballast in the front of my sons AE Dragonfly II. Had it crossed my mind, I would have re-positioned it, but I was focusing on reaching our destination.

I was quite pleasantly surprised to discover all contents to be bone dry and no water at all in the bag. Once again, the Seattle Sports Deluxe deck bag has been the best deck bag I have owned!!

05-27-2008

I must say...initially I was somewhat disappointed...I was thinking this bag would not suit my needs... But after trying it out for a few months now...on probably 25 outings...I have been pleasantly surprised.

It holds a tremendous amount of gear, is fairly water resistant, and is quite convenient to access. I had a Chinook that the zipper broke on within 2 trips. The zipper on the SS bag is quite durable, and keeps the water out fairly well {splashing}. I carry probably minimum 10-12 lbs of gear in mine most of the time. Water, a handgun, med supplies, rain gear, etc...

I do wish it had a carry strap, but I just clipped two of the top corner straps to one another across the underside to create a makeshift carry handle. I use the bottom two straps to attach the bag to my deck rigging.

I've tried several other deck bags...being mostly unsatisfied with them. Be it the level of water resistance; difficult or poorly designed zippers...to just not practical, I had been unable to find the right one for me...until now. I believe my search has ended.

At under $50.00 from several online retailers...it's twice the bag at half the price of anything comparable.