Product Reviews > Accessories > Neosport Farmer John Wetsuit 3mm Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Neosport Farmer John Wetsuit 3mm

Research Clothing and Footwear in the Buyers' Guide!
Clothing and Footwear
View Clothing and Footwear in Buyers' Guide

01-21-2008

I have been wearing the Neosport Farmer John wetsuit for three months. I paddle 2-5 times per week and have put it through its paces.

This is an inexpensive wetsuit. I had a limited gear budget after buying a sea kayak, but knew I would need a decent wetsuit to be safe in cold weather. The wetsuit was affordable at $70, so I can't complain about the price. The garment feels a bit cheap and the cut seems to be proportioned strangely. My wetsuit was not listed as a "factory second" "irregular" or such so I assume this is the desired pattern.

I understand that wetsuits should fit snugly, but my large model is very tight at the waist and crotch. I am 5'8", fairly muscled 175# and have little body fat. I don't have a chiseled V-shaped athletic torso, but my shoulders are wider than my waist and I have an acceptable profile. The wetsuit is also a bit tight at the thighs, but seems a bit loose in the calves.

There are slick, protective patches on the knees, but not on the seat. The seat has held up fairly well, but I would have gladly paid another $5 for similar material on the seat. My seat hasn't worn through, but I take care to brush the beach sand from my wetsuit bottom before I sit in my cockpit or vehicle.

This is a good beginner's suit. I have worn it dozens or hundreds of times and it is still going. Like all neoprene, it benefits from a good rinse and occasional hand wash with neoprene specific shampoo.

If you have a limited budget and need a good first wetsuit, this garment will fulfill your needs.
Recommended