Product Reviews > Accessories > Pacific Outdoor WXtex Foam Paddle Float Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pacific Outdoor WXtex Foam Paddle Float

Research Safety & Rescue in the Buyers' Guide!
Safety & Rescue
View Safety & Rescue in Buyers' Guide

01-18-2008

I have carried the WXtex paddle float for two months. I have used it twice for practicing paddle float reentry self rescue.
The float works well. I prefer a foam float as I paddle in cold conditions and want an instantly available float. Although uncommon, inflatable floats have been noted for chamber failure. Dual inflation chambers are better than a single chamber, but a foam float avoids all such problems.
Foam floats do, of course, take up more space on your deck.

The WXtex float has held up well during my limited practice drills. I did not rate the product at "10" because the stitching attaching the mesh section to the foam body is a single row of stitching and appears weak. If the stitching holds up well over time, I will upgrade my rating to a 10.
Highly Recommended.