Product Reviews > Accessories > Nike AGC Quarter Zip Men's Top Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Nike AGC Quarter Zip Men's Top

Research Clothing and Footwear in the Buyers' Guide!
Clothing and Footwear
View Clothing and Footwear in Buyers' Guide

01-16-2008

Although I wear wool undergarments in extremely cold conditions, I also wear synthetic garments.
My local Dick's Sporting Goods store had Nike AGC apparel on sale at 50% off, so I purchased a Men's AGC top for use under my wetsuit torso in moderately cold conditions.

The garment works very well. It wicks perspiration well and retains a good deal of heat when wet. The quarter zip works well and the zipper is backed by a layer of material so the wind doesn't blow through - this is a good touch for outdoor use.

The tall neck interferes with my beard when zipped up and I don't have my paddling jacket collar snug. This occurs with most similar garments, so I really can't fault Nike for this.

The garment is made of a stretchy material. The cut is well designed with articulating sections beneath the armpits. The top has met all expectations for my use on the water.

I wore the top with both jeans and chinos at work (I am a re-modeler). Although the thermal characteristics were great, the top constantly pulled loose from my snugly belted trousers and exposed my back to cold air when leaning over. I have a variety of thermal underwear and the tops all have an extended back to prevent that cold blast of air. If it were not for this issue, I would have rated the garment a 10.
Highly recommended.