Product Reviews > Accessories > Neosport Explorer Neoprene Boot Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Neosport Explorer Neoprene Boot

Research Clothing and Footwear in the Buyers' Guide!
Clothing and Footwear
View Clothing and Footwear in Buyers' Guide

01-14-2008

I have worn these boots frequently for a few months and they have served me well. This is a tall, 5mm "expedition style" boot.
These boots are not as well made as Chota boots, but for $50, I have been very satisfied with them. They are definitely worth the money.

The boots are tall and prevent water and sand entry with a cinch at the top. A strap across the top of the foot ensures a snug fit. And they do fit snugly. Disregard the Neosport marketing verbiage stating that they accommodate thick socks if you purchase your normal size. I wear a size 9 or 10 work boot with a thin sock (silk or polypro) under a thick sock (wool or synthetic wool). I ordered the Neosport boot in size 10. I can wear a thin silk or polypro sock or just barely wear a thick wool sock, but not both. I suggest you order one size larger than normal.

There is a flat seam near the arch that felt rough to the finger, but hasn't been an issue so far.
The sole has a good grooved pattern and has held up pretty well. I walk across paved parking lots at some of my launches, and the sole has held up well-no thin, soft kayak boot will hold up like my heavy Red Wing workboots.

I have stepped in muddy stream beds with "suction cup" mud and the footstraps kept the boot on my foot.
The boots have never failed me. I have used them in a variety of conditions and they have performed very well. I don't expect them to hold up as well as Chota's, but I feel the performance of the boot exceeds the cost.

This is a good basic boot for the budget buyer. I detrimented Neosport one point for their false "generous fit" statement.
Highly recommended.