Product Reviews > Accessories > Thermarest Prolite 4 (sleeping pad) Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Thermarest Prolite 4 (sleeping pad)

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Research Camping Gear in the Buyers' Guide!

07-25-2013

I proudly own a Prolite 4 sleeping pad. It's affordable, dependable and offers a wonderful sleep even on some terrain that doesn't seem suitable when you are pitching your tent. I especially like the way it rolls up into a very small package, thus taking up less room in our canoe packs.
Don't get the "lookalikes"... stay with Thermarest!!

07-24-2013
Submitted by: Dave BoberSend Email

Another excellent product from Thermarest. We have been using some Thermarest pads that are over 30 years old and they have never let us down. The prolite is remarkably warm for its weight and fairly easy to roll up. It is highly recommended if you want to save weight.

04-10-2008
Submitted by: gmod

I find this pad too thin to be really comfortable, especially on hard ground or sand.
I got it because I like to travel light and was impressed by it's small size and low weight but I have found that the extra comfort makes it worth taking the regular Thermarest most of the time. It is OK for backpacking but in a boat the extra couple ounces that the bigger version weighs make no difference.

Thermarest also seems to have made the stuff sack a bit too small, it's hard enough to get it in there at home but it's absolutely impossible with wet fingers or if it's damp.

10-18-2007

State of the art 4 season self-inflating pad that weighs in at 1lb. 8oz. I also like the fact that compressed it's only 11"x4.8", that's smaller and lighter than anything I've used. Not to mention inflated it's 1.5" thick and has an "R" value of 3.2. That means that it has a better insulation value than the standard Thermarest Ridge Rest Deluxe it's twice as thick and packs down to half it's size. What more can you ask for in a sleeping pad? Fits well into my kayak also, small enough to fit behind the seat in my Prijon Kodiak. Put it on your list of things to get.