Product Reviews > Accessories > Columbia Knife & Tool Bear Claw (Knife) Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Columbia Knife & Tool Bear Claw (Knife)

Research Safety & Rescue in the Buyers' Guide!
Safety & Rescue
View Safety & Rescue in Buyers' Guide

01-06-2015
Submitted by: GlendoradoSend Email

Agree with last review. CRKT Bear Claw is a 10.(once you get the clip screwed on the sheath)There are 3 REALLY small screws to mount the clip to the sheath. Can be mounted right side up, or upside down which is cool. Had to use cheaters to see what I was doing when mounting the clip. CRKT will replace screws, sheath or clip FREE if you lose one. (which I did, a couple screws) They sent new ones right away free of charge and no shipping charge. Knife stays firm in sheath. I have mine on my PFD handle facing down for easy access & safety. Has NEVER accidentally fallen out in 3 years. Mine is serrated & have used to cut limbs 1-2" dia & made short work of them. When this one wears out, I'll get another one for sure.

10-18-2007

This really is one the best rescue knives I've had the pleasure of using. I chose the full cerated model with the blunt tip. The blunt tip helps prevent accidental cutting when being used to cut away clothing and gear. The knife comes complete with a Zytel sheath and handle which makes it perfect for wet conditions, not to mention the different mounting options for the belt clip. I also like that it has a finger grip hole in the blade and the knife fits securely into the sheath without any type of manual lock. The Bear Claw even comes in blaze orange to help with visibility. I also noticed that that handle feels secure when your hands are wet due to the size and shape of it. Lastly the handle and sheath come with additional holes for lanyards or extra tie downs for security.