Product Reviews > Kayaks > Islander > America Angler Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for America Angler Kayak by Islander

Rated: 8.25/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

07-01-2008
Submitted by: NilesSend Email

I had it out in the Long Island South Bay. Great little yak. I rigged it with an anchor trolly and put a couple of clips for the rod and paddle leash. Tracks great and is really stable

03-28-2008
Submitted by: JwotringSend Email

Really like this kayak. I have only been in 1 other, but to me this yak has good stability, quality maneuverability, and cuts through water well. Dick's purchase, BTW. I mainly fish out of it on flatwater, but it has seen Class II at best, and handled that well. The seat back could use some work, as through the day, on long trips the lumbar spine can really ache. Would buy another one, but I think these Islander yaks aren't being manufactured any longer.

01-02-2008
Submitted by: todd

A friend and I bought these boats 7 months ago and both our seats have broken at the bottom attachments and my boat is taking on water. Dicks Sporting Goods manager tri-county location (Cincinnati, OH) refuses to even look at it he says it is a warranty issue.
Buyer Beware !!

10-05-2007
Submitted by: tmsSend Email

This product is also reviewed under the Perception America listing as it is supposedly the Perception "mold" that islander bought. I'm starting the reviews under islander for ease of use. Bought at Dicks a month ago. wonderful boat. had it in class 3 whitewater. found a spray skirt that was made for it (actually made for the perception mold)- harmony clearwater skirt- check their website. i love this boat.