Product Reviews > Accessories > Sevylor Fiber Pro Kayak Paddle Model 340 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sevylor Fiber Pro Kayak Paddle Model 340

Rated: 9.17/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

04-02-2010

Used this for first time after only having the standard aluminum that came with my perception Sundance I bought used. Great weight and how smooth it is. I am a novice and the difference in weight and ease of paddling is worth the cost which was only 49.95 with free shipping anyway.

11-04-2009
Submitted by: TonyaSend Email

I have been using this paddle for approximately 3-4 months now. I love it. It is very light weight, doesn't create a lot of slapping sound on the water, and doesn't drip a bunch of water on me. The shaft has comfortable grips and 3 feathering positions. I think it is very worthy of it's price tag. I purchased this paddle at Dick's Sporting Goods for approximately $80 after returning 3 other paddles that I was not nearly as happy with.

08-17-2009

This is a terrific paddle for $69. The label attached to it says (I keep everything) weight is 1000 gr. which is 35.27 oz. Paddle is 2-sections with 3- position feather adjustment. Blades are spoon shaped, fiberglass charged nylon, shaft is fiberglass. BTW, it's made in Italy.

07-02-2008
Submitted by: lauraSend Email

BUYER BEWARE, the Sevylor 340 is NOT 31 ounces. It is 41 ounces. I was able to return the paddles to Leisure Pro and they refunded the purchase and shipping but would not reimburse me for the return packaging $22 at UPS store. ALSO, I just visited their web site (leisurepro.com) and noticed they are STILL mis-advertising the paddle at 900 grams (or 31 ounces). Sevylor has changed their advertised weight to 1125 grams which is closer to the truth but still a little under the actual weight.

04-07-2008
Submitted by: CastawaysSend Email

This paddle will compare with any in the $250 and up range. At 31 ounces, only the very highest ended paddles are in the same league. A true bargain. It's only a matter of time until they raise the $80-$100 price tag it currently sells for. I give it a 10!

09-20-2007

The Sevylor Fiber Pro paddle just might be the best kept secret in the kayak paddle world. This paddle is very light weight; is a two piece infinitely adjustable for feathering and has rubber type grips that make it very comfortable.

My first kayak paddle was a Seylor Super Pro and I've put that one through some extreme use and many, many miles of paddling in several different kayaks. When I first saw the Fiber Pro, it caught my attention and I began to compare it to everything else I came across. I was looking for a little shorter paddle than my 240 Werner. The Fiber Pro is 230 cms and that, it turns out is exactly right for my sea kayak.

After some extensive use of the new Sevylor, this has become my number one paddle. The paddle strikes a fine balance between power and cruising ease. Considering the price ($79)and light weight, this paddle is a super bargain. I give it a 10.