Product Reviews > Canoes > We-no-nah Canoe > Odyssey Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Odyssey Canoe by We-no-nah Canoe

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

06-27-2011

I've had my Odyssey for many years, and I consider it a great canoe: very fast, with great final stability and very good hauling capacity. I've used in mainly in the Boundary Waters, but I've also used it on rivers in Wisconsin. I have the tuf-weave version, but it's still OK for portaging.

06-01-2001

The Kevlar version is light and tough. The boat is high volume, long and fast but it is not for beginners. The rounded bottom lends to high speed but also requires some decent handling skills. For high-speed transit across large bodies of water, with boat loaded or unloaded, this design is ideal. Have had a lot of fun also adding some extra flotation and taking the Odyssey out as a single paddler on New England lakes. If you get too enthusiastic and tip it over, the hull design and light weight make the thing easy to right.

08-21-2000
Submitted by: E HoweSend Email

I have a Jensen Odssey. I use it on the flats and up in the tidal marshes out from St. Marks Fl. I have solved the problem of being wind blown by putting a solo seat behind the center strut. I have learned to use the wind to my advantage even when heading directly into it. I have learned to stand , cast,and pole without getting wet. I take weekends down the coast into areas no skiff can get to and explored creeks in the wildlife refuge without seeing a single person . It is effortless to load and unload.

03-06-1999
Submitted by: Chris ElliottSend Email

I have a Kevlar Odyssey with a foam core. At first, trying it out on a lake around the corner with two adults and two (small) kids, it seemed a but unstable (and I'm used to whitewater boats), but once we put an additional 5 gallons of water for ballast it settled right down. The round bottom makes it fast, and it has great final stability, but unless it has enough weight in it, it can seem a bit tippy. So, use it as intended.

This boat loves weight and is very fast. With two adults, two kids, and all gear for 3 days the boat was as fast or faster than a 17' Mad River Explorer with only one paddler vs. two in the Explorer--my daughter was still nursing and I ended up providing most of the motor power for a good chunk of the three days.

On the second day we had to head almost directly upwind with 2-3' waves. With just a little quartering of the waves the boat handled the conditions perfectly, and, with a skin coat it only weighs 45lbs. Easy to portage, even with a pack. After several years I still love it.

Piragis Northwoods Company
Free Shipping on New Canoes from Piragis Northwoods Company or pick up in Ely, MN and get $100 off

Suspenz: