Product Reviews > Accessories > Kialoa Lolo Canoe Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kialoa Lolo Canoe Paddle

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

07-27-2013
Submitted by: floridaSend Email

My Kialoa paddle talks to me. It's so light and supple in my hand, that it transmits information about the water through which I'm paddling. Truly! It's a joy to use.

09-05-2007
Submitted by: JPMSend Email

I bought Lolo this spring (2007) before my 800 mile coastal paddling (First time the Finnish coastline has been paddled with open canoe, blog here: www.rannikko.vuodatus.net). I was inspired by Sawyer double-bend paddle, which I have had several years. Now I was looking for lighter paddle and found 16-18 oz Kialoa's Lolo. First the paddle felt very awkward, but after three shortenings and some paddling the Lolo became part of me.

I am 6 ft tall & I paddled Bell Northstar, which was modified for solo paddling. The suitable length for the paddle turned out to be as short as 49,5 inches. It worked very well from flat water to over 6 feet breakers and in gusty winds. The Finnish coastline is very rocky and the Lolo got quite heavy strain & lots of hits to rocks. After the 36 day trip the paddle is like new. I think Lolo is going to be my paddle in the rivers & rapids too.

It is not easy paddle to master, but actually it helps you and forces you to use the right technique: you must keep your lower hand at a certain point and upper hand stays in very comfortable t-grip.

Rating 9. I did not give 10, because the paddle is hard to master, but once you catch the idea, there is no substitute that I know. If I find similar paddle, that is lighter, then I will change. Otherwise not.

Thunder Bay Tourism: