Product Reviews > Accessories > Werner Cyprus Small Shaft Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Werner Cyprus Small Shaft Paddle

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Werner Paddles Logo
See Products from Werner Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Werner Paddles in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Whitewater SUP
  • Racing SUP

07-25-2013
Submitted by: Sheila B.Send Email

As an intermediate kayaker, I used to get muscle soreness after an outing, assuming this was just a part of everyone's experience. After purchasing the Werner Cyprus Paddle with a small shaft, I am able to paddle longer with much less fatigue. I have picked up speed on the open ocean and have gained confidence in tackling upcoming multi-day outings. All of this I attribute to the Werner Cyprus Paddle.

11-10-2008

This is the lightest bent shaft paddle I could find. When somebody picks it up they are amazed. The shape of the blade and grips is great. The ability to quickly adjust the offset is a nice feature. If you have a long day of open water paddling, this is a good one. The blades are not oversized and the light weigh nature of the Cyprus really help increase your endurance. That is the positive side of this paddle. Its about perfect besides being so delicate.

If you like to play in rocks or use your paddle for pushing or handle your gear roughly stay away from Werner foam core carbon blades like the Cyprus. The 1st one I received came in the mail with one of the blades broken in 1/2. After exchanging it, the 2nd one was damaged after the 1st paddle I used it. It was not exactly a typical paddle for a sea kayaker but it was not outrageous. I was on the Maumee River playing a rapid, and did a hard low brace in fairly shallow water and a hard follow up high brace. The paddle hit the bottom both times. Then I noticed a small hole / dent on each side of the paddle. I did a light glass repair. I stopped using it on the river, but then I realized it was no good even for light rock garden play. The ends of the paddle damage quickly with just occasional pushing off rocks.

If I have a really long open water paddle, this paddle will be the one I use. If there is any chance I will be hitting bottom or rocks, I will leave it at home. If you are a typical paddler, you will probably love this paddle, and never have any problems with it.

08-29-2007

I use my paddle primarily for the purpose of kayak fishing. I do a lot of trolling on my yak and my old paddle seemed a bit heavy so I sprang for the extra bucks to get a Cyprus; it was money well spent.

The paddle is extremely light and well made. after a long day of trolling in the hot sun, where I would normally be very tired, I find myself with a reserve of energy I never had before I switched paddles. The Cyprus is very well balanced and although I abuse it by digging in during beach landings it holds up just fine.

This paddle is worth every penny and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a high quality paddle that will keep your shoulders healthy

Sealline: