Product Reviews > Accessories > ZRE Medium Straight Shaft Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for ZRE Medium Straight Shaft Paddle

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

10-24-2008

I was initially disappointed by the blade flutter I felt on the power stroke and the feeling it wanted to twist around. Others commented on this also. I ordered this paddle uncut, which I recommend to everyone, and had lightly glued the palm grip in until I was sure of my length so I took it back out and flipped the paddle around reversing the offset so the ZRE faced me when I paddled - problem solved. I assembled it the other way because all the pictures showed it facing forward. I don't know which is correct, but set up this way I really like this paddle!

08-07-2007

I've had this 56" long, 8.5" wide ZRE Medium straight shaft for about a week now and have used it a few times, and at about 12.5oz as weighed on my wife's kitchen scale (3oz heavier than my 47.75" Medium bent weighed on the same scale) it is so much more of a pleasure to use than my wooden straight shaft paddles that weigh about twice as much. It is all I'd hoped it would be. I saved a few dollars by buying it second hand, but never used, and now that I've had the pleasure of using it, would probably pay full price for a replacement if I should break this one. This was the only used straight shaft Zaveral that I've ever seen advertised, so I don't think used ones are available very often.

Highly recommended if you'd like a straight shaft paddle as light as your carbon bent or about half the weight of your wooden straight shaft. I've been using a Zaveral Medium bent for a couple years now and it greatly enhanced my pleasure of paddling, even if my skills are somewhat lacking.

Witz Sport Cases: