Product Reviews > Kayaks > One Ocean Kayak > Cirrus LT Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Cirrus LT Kayak by One Ocean Kayak

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

09-04-2012
Submitted by: FritchSend Email

I built this Kayak last year and have been paddling it all Summer. The build was very enjoyable and it's a very satisfying feeling paddling a kayak you've made yourself. I've had a lot of positive comments pretty much every time I've been out.

Performance wise it's a great kayak. I've had it out in winds up to force 6 without problems. It's fast, tracks well, responsive to leaned turns and easy to roll. It's also lighter than other kayaks I've had which makes moving around a good deal easier. I'd happily recommend it.

05-14-2010
Submitted by: abraxasSend Email

The Cirrus LT is a handsome boat with a lot of personality. It has a slight Greenland flavor, but the rear deck is not quite as low as some. It is pretty fast for a 16 footer, and tracks very well. Weather cocking is minimal and can be corrected with a slight lean. Turning is quick and stability is good right up 80 degrees. Give this one a try.

07-17-2007
Submitted by: H.A.Send Email

I built the Cirrus LT about 4 years ago. I was attracted to the design because unlike most other S&G boats the Cirrus is built over forms which allows for a more complex shape and more accurate build. It was a straight forward process for a first time builder.

Performance wise this boat excels. It is a hard tracking hull that turns well when edged. I have paddled in all sorts of conditions that occur in Southern Australia and have always felt comfortable. The boat has no rudder or skeg. With the wind on the rear quarter it will weathercock but no more than any other boat I've paddled. I'm 160 lbs and the Cirrus LT suits me well for day paddles and expeditions as long as I don't need to carry too much water.

It is fast and in a recent flat water race I came first in the sea kayak division. The only change I would have/might still make would be to recess the cockpit rim.

I don't really believe in perfection so no 10 but I certainly have no desire to replace my Cirrus LT.