Product Reviews > Kayaks > Riot Kayaks > Escape 9 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Escape 9 Kayak by Riot Kayaks

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Escape 9 Kayak by Riot Kayaks

Length: 9' 0" - Width: 29.00" - Starting at: $399.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Riot Kayaks Logo

05-22-2014
Submitted by: AndrewSend Email

Bought this for the wife a year ago. It's nice and light so it's easy to carry and store. Very stable in the water and the seat is comfortable.

07-10-2007
Submitted by: seacatSend Email

I love this boat, aptly named "Escape."
I wanted a kayak I could load easily myself (being on the short side and wanting to avoid back strain) and head out for a paddle on a moment's notice. This boat fits the ticket, including allowing for quick "escapes" before or after work. Light as it is (37 lbs.), I use a Paddleboy for wheeling it to the water when the distance and/or ground quality (rocks, etc.) call for it.
Scuppers are somewhat large (I gather the boat was designed more for ocean surfing), but not a problem if you don't mind a small amount of water coming and going near your feet. The Escape's been great on small lakes, though you do get a little hull slap in some chop. In the short time I've had it, I've had some beautiful paddles and great birding -- small as it is, you can easily and quietly move beneath nests, unobtrusively past sunning birds, and peacefully among reeds. It tracks better and cuts through the water more swiftly than I ever would have imagined. Also, I use a high-back STS kayak seat, which fits easily on this little vessel and makes it a very comfortable ride.
I would be interested to hear about other folks' experiences with the Escape. From reading other posts, talking to fellow paddlers, and paddling a couple different boats, it is clear that the "right kayak" is a very personal thing.
In any event, if you are looking for a small kayak that's easy to load, transport and store, and that allows for a fine kayak escape, I recommend this one.