Product Reviews > Kayaks > Emotion Kayaks > Tandemonium Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Tandemonium Kayak by Emotion Kayaks

Rated: 8.27/10 Based On: 11 Reviews

Tandemonium Kayak by Emotion Kayaks

Length: 13' 8" - Width: 36.00" - Starting at: $699.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Emotion Kayaks Logo

07-20-2014

I have two of these kayaks and they are by far the most stable kayak on the water. They are heavy but in water they are great. Mine are 6 months old and are used at lease twice a month. Great family kayak.

07-29-2013

My son and I have tried it. For him, he loved it and so did I. The only thing he's thirteen yrs old and I, well let's just say that I learned my lesson. I needed to get a quality seat w/back support. But over all, it's not a bad kayak for first timers.

07-20-2012
Submitted by: John EckerSend Email

We are very unsatisfied with our tandemonium kayak. We purchased it in 2009 and it had to be replaced because of a crack near the scupper after a few uses. Here we are 1 1/2 years later and have the same problem. The difference now is, the company that sold it to us in Sacramento, no longer will carry them due to these same flaws. Emotion continues to indicate that it has only a 1 year warranty and that they are going to do nothing. BUYER BEWARE! Unless you want to buy a new kayak every 18 months, go look at a different manufacturer. I now have a leaking kayak after only taking it out on the water 10-15 times. I can't believe they call themselves "lifetime".

08-25-2009
Submitted by: HLRSend Email

This is our 1st kayak. We also purchased the highback seats to go with it. We looked at and did research on many sit-in and sit-on kayaks before we decided on the Tandemonium. This thing is FUN!!

If you're someone who's worried about tipping -then this is the kayak for you....I dare you to try and tip it over -you can't....well maybe you can if you stand up on the side of it -but even then you'll fall in the water and the kayak will right itself.

If you don't want a wet seat the entire time you're out -then this is the kayak for you. We each got a little water in the foot area from paddle drips, ocean waves splashing and getting in and out of it to swim. Other than that we stayed dry -until we wanted to get wet. The last time we were out in it we were in a harbor with choppy water and it handled great. It's not the fastest kayak out there by far -but, if you want something to go exploring in, get some sun, sight see, take pictures, bird watch, etc. -this is perfect kayak....

Only con is it's heavy -69 lbs. It's awkward to figure out how to carry it at first (it could use a second handle on the each side) each time we went out we got a little better at it. We're taking it to a really long river next --can't wait!!!

04-19-2009
Submitted by: C.McBrideSend Email

First kayak I've ever purchased. I bought it used from recreational canoe/kayak rental. Super stable. I went out yesterday for the first time with my wife and 4 year old. No problems with stability, as my four year old constantly checked the water. The molded footholds offer comfort for various height paddlers. I'm able to turn it upside down, walk under it to the middle and carry it to and from my backyard.

08-19-2008
Submitted by: JJWSend Email

Excellent kayak. Very stable, very well crafted. Great for fishing and getting out over the breakers in the ocean. Nice, dry ride. Forget about using the hatch; too tough to open.

07-16-2008
Submitted by: traffic_guySend Email

Great kayak! We've had the Tandemonium for almost a year now. Very stable and easy to paddle. We wanted a boat that would fit 2 adults and 1 child and this fit the bill.
I also had problems with the hatch freezing up and having to use a hammer and blunt object to open it. I finally replaced it with a hatch from Hobie that is much easier to close and open.

07-02-2008
Submitted by: SurfSnookSend Email

I had wished there were more reviews on this kayak when I was thinking about buying it a few days ago for use on a Central Florida, Atlantic beach. I bought it anyway, took it out the last 2 mornings, and it is great! I thought it would be stable, secure and give a high and dry ride - it does.

I was worried it would be too heavy. I can drag it across the beach by myself, and I can haul it up those wooden stairs that go down to the beach from the dune. I think it would be a challenge to get it up to a rack on a car's roof by myself. We walk it with a little hand cart. With the cart under the middle of the kayak it is lite as a feather when properly balanced. It would be very heavy if you put the cart under one end of the kayak.

It has a high, up-curved bow which has worked great going out and coming back in through the small waves that tumble onto the beach. It slid sideways coming in today in a bigger wave, and I was sure we would flip over, but it remained stable and we just washed up on the beach sideways. I think the other tandem kayak I have used would have flipped in the same wave.

It holds my wife, teenage daughter and me just fine - comfy and adequate room. It is much higher, dryer, and gives a greater sense of security than the other tandem I have used, with just a little more weight to deal with when transporting. Oh, I still haven't been able to pry the storage lid loose. I highly recommend it for a couple or a family. Hope this helps, friends.

02-20-2008
Submitted by: JoshSend Email

I wanted an affordable tandem kayak with below-deck storage to make camping possible. This kayak seemed to suit me at about $650. I tried a camping trip with one other person last weekend and we were able to store our sleeping bags loose in the below-deck storage along with a few other items. They got a little damp, but not terribly. A word of warning, though. The below-deck storage is accessed by a plastic cover that can easily become absolutely stuck. I was only able to loosen/open it using a hammer. Also, at 5'9 145lbs, I am BARELY able to carry, move, and load the kayak onto my SUV by myself. Overall, I'm satisfied. But be careful with that plastic cover - it's the devil.

11-07-2007
Submitted by: CGSend Email

We bought this kayak about 4 weeks ago as our first kayak. We have been out on lakes and rivers with it so far and it's been great. It's very roomy with lots of cargo space and very easy to maneuver. It rides great with two people or just one paddling in the middle seat. It is a bit heavy at 69 lbs, but not a deterrent from loving it!!!

07-02-2007
Submitted by: EddieSend Email

Tandem with optional 3 seat. Has a dry well in the rear. It weighs 67 pounds which makes it a bit heavy.
One of the best kayaks they've built.