Product Reviews > Canoes > Mohawk Canoes > Square Stern Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Square Stern Canoe by Mohawk Canoes

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

05-14-2007

The square back is made for a small motor. We purchased ours in 2002 and for me it has been a Great canoe. At 95 lbs fiberglass, it is heavy duty and rugged however, I can still carry by myself to launch it. I transport it on racks on top of my car. We've been in the choppy bay (20+ wind) and got pretty wet, but it handles well, and with a 5 hp Nissan on the back and when it is loaded with tackle, coolers, buckets with the live bait it still moves at about 6.5 mph with the motor and 2 mph without. We usually are fishing in S Fla. saltwater with two people. It is the best craft at sneaking up on reds or getting in behind stingrays on the flats near Flamingo.