Product Reviews > Canoes > Dagger > Caption Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Caption Canoe by Dagger

Rated: 9.4/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

08-25-2005
Submitted by: Dan BSend Email

I am retiring my Caption after wearing it out on hundreds of river trips. I'm 6'4", 190 lbs. Most of the time I paddled it solo. The triple saddle does add weight and bailing difficulty but the flexibility gives strength to a river group. Many swimmers have appreciated a dry ride back to their boats!

My other boat is a 10' Detonator. The Caption will take 5 heavy strokes to get the speed of 3 lighter ones in the Detonator. But then the Detonator tops out and you can continue to add speed to the Caption. The result is good final speed and momentum, with enough boat length to bridge many holes. Very dry. A feeling of power and stability.

Some days I'd take the Mini Cooper Detonator threading the rock sieves and other days I'd blast across the waves in the HemiCuda Caption. Your experience may depend on how much you gotta pay for your gas.

06-09-2003
Submitted by: GrantSend Email

Nice solo boat for a big person, can take a couple of small kids in calm water with me with triple pedestal. I like it a lot.

06-25-2001

If you liked the Encore, you will like paddling the Caption Solo. It tracks better than the super short play boats, keeps you dry and has room for gear.

02-18-2000
Submitted by: Mark ThrelkeldSend Email

My wife and I have paddled a Caption for three years. It's a great boat. We have the triple pedistle outfitting, and I would not recommend it. It creates a large water dam and makes it nearly impossible to roll. I don't recommend the Caption as a solo boat unless you can't afford two boats. It's too large and slow. I have paddled it this way...and it was OK. But I'd rather paddle my Ovation...which I am also starting to conclude is slower than I would like. (this all might have something to do with getting more experience paddling WW.) The caption is slower than the Mad River Synergy...which is longer and narrower. But, the Caption turns and surfs better.

08-10-1999
Submitted by: Doug W.Send Email

I use my caption as both a solo and a tandem. As a tandem it's wonderful and it stays very dry. As a solo boat it's a little more difficult to get that initial speed. As a tandem I'd give it a 10. As a solo boat I would give it an 8.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports