Product Reviews > Kayaks > Prijon > Rockit Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Rockit Kayak by Prijon

Rated: 9.25/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

10-10-2001

The rockit is a little on the large size for me (5'7" and 135lbs) but I still think it's the best big-water/expedition/creeker available. definitely the strongest plastic I've ever seen, this boat will take more abuse on creeks than any other on the market. A little long for tight, technical creeks, but the speed is nice for punching large holes and its nice and stable in big water.

08-28-1999
Submitted by: SBSend Email

Had mine about two years. It was the hottest thing going back then. Since then have bought a gradient and a topolino (yes, I like to creek!). When I first got it, I loved it. It does however have a "wierd" stern. Sometimes it will get real squirrelly. In a surging eddy or other funny water, sometimes the current seemed to catch an edge. I do paddle my gradient exclusively now except when the volume is real low and I'm in my topo. One day though I would like to do a self supported 2-3 day trip.(are there any of these in the southeast?) When and if this ever takes place, I know i'll wish I had my rockit. It's roomy, safe, is an excellent design, and has the most bomb proof plastic on the market. If prijon would offer an eight foot creeker, and i hear they are, i plan on getting one and paddling it forever. The rockit is however destined to be a classic.

11-11-1998
Submitted by: RTM

I've had my Rockit for 18 months now and I love it. I paddle a Vertigo too and I'm always amazed when I get back into the Rockit how roomy it is. I've also found the plastic used is much tougher than that of most other boats. The extreme rocker is great for creeks and its large volume is condusive to big water runs. I've been asked a few times if I'd want to sell my Rockit and my response has always been "no way".

11-05-1998
Submitted by: T.B.Send Email

Best creeker on the market. Yes even better than the similar dagger gradiant (due to higher quality plastics and therefore greater abrasion resistance and no need for a center piller). I've paddled a lot of different creek boats and broken more than my share of them and for now the rockit is still in one piece which is saying a lot.