Product Reviews > Accessories > SPT Lockable Tie Downs Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for SPT Lockable Tie Downs

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Roof Racks and Trailers in the Buyers' Guide!
Roof Racks and Trailers
View Roof Racks and Trailers in Buyers' Guide

02-20-2014

After having the tie downs for about 6 years, I tend to use them at all times (in place of straps), as the kayak feels much more secure on top of my car. This is a plus that is different from what they are sold for - to reduce theft, but just as important to me.

A negative - over time, I think the straps may shrink a little; and the metal cord may come out of the fabric. Nevertheless, I am now about to buy another pair...

08-23-2013

Purchased 2 SPT Lockable Tie Downs 13 Foot. Love these tie down straps. The lockable feature with reinforced steal cables allow you peace of mind when you have to leave your kayak strapped to your trailer or the roof of your car while you grab a bite to eat or overnight. They are easy to install and remove when you are ready to unload the kayak. Would recommend to anyone I plan to purchase another set (longer) to fit the mid section of the kayak where it is a little wider for the 13 foot.

02-07-2007

Just received the new Stick Protection Technology secure tie down straps from SPT in Australia. Must admit they make a strong and well made product. These things are smooth enough also not to rub my gelcoat off while having the steel cables weaved into the edges that make them strong. The buckles with locks are also beefy looking - no cheap parts here. I was able to pull these down tight enough to make only my bow/stern tiedowns a precaution at best. Nice and tight! These are a great way to:

1. Secure your boat while on the racks (don't forget to lock your racks)
2. Tie your boat down if you tie lame knots like I do!!!
3. Make tie downs at the end of a long paddle or in cold weather very quick and painless!!

I know of at least one kayak retailer planning on selling these in the Northeast, so you don't have to order from Australia! However, that being said, mine did cost me only $10 shipping and arrived in 8 business days.