Product Reviews > Accessories > Reed Aquatherm Spray Deck Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Reed Aquatherm Spray Deck

Research Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in the Buyers' Guide!
Sprayskirts and Spray Decks
View Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in Buyers' Guide

05-08-2007

I paddle a plastic Wilderness Tempest 165 and have a number of spray skirts I have acquired over the years from manufacturers like Kokatat, Harmony, and Snap Dragon. A couple of months ago I purchased a Reed spray skirt and have found it to be the best spray skirt I have ever used. Most of my paddling is off of the Northern CA Coast in a variety of venues including rock gardens, surf, and open ocean. I like the Reed skirt because of its light weight, durability, and most importantly in surf and rough conditions it keeps water out of the cockpit better than any other product I have used. One thing I learned is that in order to insure a proper seal around the cockpit combing on a plastic boat you have to make sure the skirt is wet before trying to snap it into place.

01-10-2007

Super stretch aquatherm fabric spray skirt that is super lightweight, tough, waterproof, adjustable waist band, color black with custom fitting available.

I have been sea kayaking for the past three years on a weekly basis along the Northern California and Southern Oregon Coasts in all conditions. I puchased a Reed spray Skirt over a year ago and it has turned out to be the best spray skirt I have ever used! Because it is very light weight, you hardly know you are using it and it packs easily and takes up little room. Even though it is light weight, it forms a more water tight seal than any other skirt I've tried and I've tried a lot of them. An added bonus is this skirt is cheaper than most spray skirts on the market. It currently sells for about $60.00 which is a real deal, especially when you consider how durable, comfortable and water tight this skirt is. I've used this skirt on composite and plastic kayaks and it works well on both. you do have to make sure it's wet when using on a plastic boat, especially ones with a broader, rounder cockpit lip. After using this spray skirt continuously for over a year now, I'm amazed at how durable and comfortable it is. It would be difficult, at this point, for me to get used to any other spray skirt and I don't plan to.

12-01-2006

Very easy, to put on, totally dry on my glass boat combing and as good as neo on plastic.

Vasa, Inc.: