Product Reviews > Kayaks > Riot Kayaks > Polarity 16.5 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Polarity 16.5 Kayak by Riot Kayaks

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Polarity 16.5 Kayak by Riot Kayaks

Length: 16' 6" - Width: 26.00" - Starting at: $1499.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Riot Kayaks Logo

12-07-2007

I am an outfitter, and had 2 of these boats this summer, and overall, was very pleased with them. I had them out in quite rough water, paddling in it myself with my nephew, and it was a blast. Think I scared the nephew a bit as I really put the boat through the motions in and around the rocks. Very good maneuverability for a double.

The one area that I had a bit of trouble with is that the seats are closer together than some doubles. This really puts the onus on paddlers being in sync with one another. If you can do this, then you will be fine. Could be more of a challenge with taller paddlers, well, paddlers with longer arms. This is going to be a negative with a double that comes in at 16'6".

The other alternative, to allow more paddling arm room is the Carolina Perception Tandem, but then the stern seat is so far back, it rides with the bow way up with different weight paddlers.

The Polarity also shines as a kayak for you and your child! It is very easy to control and paddle the boat from the stern seat no matter what the bow paddler is doing. This, combined with the weight savings of a shorter tandem, make this boat very easy to handle. I can lug it around by myself without too much problem (sure, I do this for a living, but you get the point. There aren't many other doubles that you can put up on a roof rack by yourself if you know what you are doing).

My rating of an 8 is really an average rating for the boat. The rating moves up if you are buying the boat for the right proposes... and down if you know you and your partner cannot paddle in sync! Thought we were going to have one divorce out on the ocean over that one time too!

10-10-2006

Have owned a polarity now for almost a year. This is a tandem kayak. Poly 16ft. 6in. long 26in. width. This is the most fun tandem you will ever paddle. With my 4yr. old grand daughter in the front cockpit my son in a sirocco can't keep up. It handles like a single. Put on edge and it will turn inside most singles. But the main thing is its just plain fun to paddle.Will put a smile on your face every time you take it out. Try one!