Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wilderness Systems > Pungo Classic Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pungo Classic Kayak by Wilderness Systems

02-17-2014

The original Pungo was the first recreational style boat that introduced kayaking to the average person. I own several - they are EXTREMELY stable, can be paddled by anyone from a child to the heavier than average person. Easy to get into with the long, wide kayak. Very efficient, easy to paddle and comfortable - you'll do circles around canoers with no training required. Used ones are hundreds less then the new styles. Was later marketed by Victory model called Navigator.

09-05-2006

I recently purchase my first kayak. My wife has a couple of Dagger Blackwaters 10.5' and 11.5' and they just didn't fit well (at least for my 6'1" @ 350# frame). Tried on a Pungo and it fit in the showroom. Took out the first night I bought it on a chain of local lakes here in the Twin Cities. It felt good like the old confrontable sneaker. Handled outstanding without any tracking issues. I would recommend this boat for anyone that is a beginner and of the largers sizes.

Rendezvous River Sports