Product Reviews > Kayaks > Bic Sport > Bilbao Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Bilbao Kayak by Bic Sport

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Bilbao Kayak by Bic Sport

Length: 9' 10" - Width: 31.00" - Starting at: $519.95
See More Details about this Kayak
Bic Sport Logo

07-24-2014

I always wanted a kayak after a venture to Maine. I vowed to not leave Cape Cod without a kayak on top of my car. I found a BIC sit on top and bought it. Perfect for fishing since you can put your tackle in between your feet and dangle your legs over on the water. Pretty heavy so need two people to carry but worth it.

09-18-2012
Submitted by: lloydSend Email

This is a good beginners all round boat. Easy to paddle stable and tracks quite well. It has some nice features, a wheel at the back of the hull, to aid moving round. The seat is great with many nice design features. The weight is low which is good. The only down side is the plastic is thin so care needed at all times

08-04-2008
Submitted by: janetSend Email

I just purchased a used Bilboa last week and took it out for a test paddle. In brief - I would recommend this kayak. It's great fun, stable, tracks well, handles nicely and sliced through choppy water.

The molded seat was comfortable but would be perfect with some extra cushioning. I had enough leg and storage space. As an extra bonus it also stayed pretty dry and has a wheel to make portage easy.

The only drawback - a minor one - was that this kayak is slightly cumbersome loading on to my car roof. I'm 5'10" and it was a bit of a challenge on my own but ok in the end. Besides that, the Bilboa performed great and I would highly recommend it.

09-01-2006

The Bic Sport Bilbao is a fun kayak. It's very stable and tracks straighter than other kayaks I've tried in this size range (Mainstream Jazz, Wilderness Systems Riot, Ocean Kayak Scrambler). We've had it on various lakes and took it out on open ocean off Long Beach, CA, last weekend. It performed quite well in fairly choppy surf with 2-4 foot swells and a pronounced rip current. It's comfortable, surprisingly fast, and responds quickly to different paddle strokes. I'd recommend the Bilbao to anyone looking for a fun, light-weight, good tracking and quick little kayak. Plus the wheel on the stern is a GREAT feature!