Product Reviews > Accessories > Maine Roll On Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Maine Roll On

Research Roof Racks and Trailers in the Buyers' Guide!
Roof Racks and Trailers
View Roof Racks and Trailers in Buyers' Guide

09-07-2007

I got the Maine Roll On shortly after buying my canoe - a 16' fiberglass beauty by BlueWater (sadly now defunct). Anyway, the roll on system worked great, but I still struggled with loading a bit until recently. I'm 61 and have arthritis just about everywhere & three artificial joints, so I'm not a great physical specimen. My problem was getting the canoe flipped upside-down and started on the Roll On. Recently, I decided to try using my little portaging wheels to help & now it's a piece of cake. Once I flip the canoe over and attach the portage wheels to one end, it's very simple to roll it to behind my mini-van, raise it up and get it started on the roller. Then I walk back (holding the canoe to keep it from rolling backwards), detach the wheel straps, and roll it up to the top of the van. Couldn't be easier - take it from a physical wreck - if I can do it, anyone can.

08-14-2006

After much research I purchased the "Maine Roll On" from Maine Outdoor Products, which is a big help in loading and unloading my canoe. I attach my "Maine Roll On" to my Barrecrafters bar rack (I have also posted a review of this bar rack and companion canoe carrier). The Maine Roll On is also designed to fit Thule and Yakima systems.

The roller is well made and the canoe glides up and onto and off of the rack with ease. The unit has two loading/unloading positions and a transport position.

I highly recommend this product for those who need to load and unload their canoe or kayak without the assistance of others.