Product Reviews > Kayaks > Mariner Kayaks > Sprite Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sprite Kayak by Mariner Kayaks

05-10-2006

This older Mariner model is extremely responsive and a delight to paddle! It's also fast. That said, it weathercocks a lot (though the seat position can be moved forward or back and this may help). It's very flat bottomed and so noticibly blows sideways in the wind. Wow- I can turn it 180 degrees with three strokes if I lean it correctly. Cockpit is small but fits me. In fact, the Broze brothers designed this kayak for the smaller paddler. Setups will vary if you are lucky enough to find one of these for sale, as most were built without hatches, only an access port forward. Mariner kayaks replaced this with their Express model. If I find one of those, I may replace this kayak, but then again, maybe not.

Aqua-Bound: