Product Reviews > Kayaks > Necky Kayaks > Zoar Sport LV Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Zoar Sport LV Kayak by Necky Kayaks

Rated: 8.6/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

03-31-2012
Submitted by: KAZSend Email

Have had my Lime Green ZSLV for 5 years. Rented any number of different poly 'yaks before buying the Necky. Have had it on Lake Ontario, Salmon River during spring runoff and a number of likes in the 'Dacks. I am 5'7" 200 lbs. Haven't wrapped my knuckles once; stable, tracks perfectly. It's a keeper. Seat design requires a pad for long distance comfort.

07-13-2007

I have paddled the Zoar Sport LV for 2-3 years. The boat fits me very well (5'1" 120 lbs). I sat in and paddled dozens of boats and the Zoar fit me the best. The biggest problem I had with other kayaks was that the cockpit was too deep. When I bought it, the salesman predicted that I'd be back in a couple of years for a longer, narrower boat. By golly, he was right! I just bought an Eliza last week.

In comparing the two, the Zoar is very stable. Maybe too stable. I think it's a great beginner boat, but I outgrew it fairly quickly. It's definitely a great boat for a smaller paddler. One thing I disliked was the seat which they've since changed. I usually paddle in shorts and the back of my shorts leg would be hanging off the seat in the water that accumulated in the boat. The seat also absorbed water.

01-26-2007
Submitted by: PeteSend Email

Review of Necky Zoar Sport LV. I purchased a 2005 model used in October, 2006. I, like another reviewer here, did not notice it was the LV model until after I told the guy he had a deal. I took it anyway, and it ended up being too small for me. I'm 6'0 and 190lbs, and I could feel it pushing water. It was stable and a nice boat, just too small for me. And this was without any gear in the storages (which have a good amount of room for a 13'6" boat). Necky does not give you any info about maximum paddler size, but I can tell you I'm too big for this boat. The 8 rating does not consider the size issue- it's a nice boat if you are smaller.

11-02-2006

I just recently got this boat as a used, out of season bargain. I've only used the boat twice, and i am certainly limited in my knowledge of kayaking, but thus far i think i made a good decision, especially for the price and my skill level.

I got the boat for 650, it came with a rudder and with a free paddle. i thought that this boat was going to be the regular full size zoar, but when i went to pick it up, i realized it was the lv, im still not sure how i feel about this. im a male, about 5'11'' and 185, the guy i bought it from assured me that i would be up to my armpits in a full size zoar. i wasnt quite sure but left with the boat anyway.

the boat seems to handle fine, ive never felt uncomfortable in it, and i think thats all credited to the stability of the boat. it tracks ok, but i think that its just my poor technique that keeps it from going too straight, but with the rudder down it is much easier to go straight.

03-29-2006

On my 23rd birthday my husband took me on a kayaking trip on Lake Jocassee. The boat I paddled that day was a rental Necky Manitou. I was nervous but had a blast. When it was time to take the rental back to the outfitters we discovered that they had a special on a few kayaks due to an inventory closeout sale . My husband and I decided to buy one that would suit my needs and would allow for a quick learning curve. I also wanted something that I could use on overnight trips and take down the local rivers here in South Carolina. After sitting in the Zoar Sport LV I knew I wanted it. After taking it down the Edisto River, on Lake Marion, Lake Hartwell, Sparkleberry Swamp, and Lake Jocassee on an overnighter this boat has really met my needs and encouraged me to take on bigger challenges. I have enjoyed seeing many wonderful and exciting things in my boat and I am looking forward to finding the courage to race it. For any female that is looking to get into a fun boat and wants to learn how to paddle I encourage you to give this boat a try.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!