Product Reviews > Canoes > Clipper Canoes > Packer Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Packer Canoe by Clipper Canoes

Packer Canoe by Clipper Canoes

Length: 14' 0" - Starting at: $1250.00
See More Details about this Canoe
Clipper Canoes Logo

02-08-2015
Submitted by: TrumanSend Email

I own a white Clipper Packer, and it is a dream to paddle! On the lake, on the river.... wherever I want to go, the Packer gets me there with ease. My boat is only 38 pounds in glass and I could pack it on my back up a mountain side if I needed to!

The low profile keeps the canoe from weathercocking all but in the roughest conditions, and although the shallow hull-design isn't specifically appropriate for true white-water, I have a blast on my local class 2 river riding over all but the biggest wave trains thanks to the Packer's moderate rocker. I have my Packer equipped with Clipper's standard tractor-style bucket seat and adjustable footbrace and it makes all the difference on the water. at 14 feet, the packer gets up to speed quick, and the subtle tumblehome makes paddling with either a single or double-bladed paddle very easy for a smaller paddler like myself.

I love my Packer and I would recommend to anyone looking for an especially manageable canoe (or kayak) with versatility and performance. It's a far-cry lighter than any kayak in it's class for the price, and so much more fun!

01-27-2006

I bought a Packer for my wife (5'2") who had trouble controlling my Rendezvous. She enjoys how controllable, efficient, and stable it is. Ours is a fiberglass model and is stiff and tough. We really like it. For getting a good work out and going fast it works really well with a kayak paddle.

The width at the widest point is approximately 29 1/2" and the waterline width is about 28". (Included because the catalog doesn't mention these measurements.) I can paddle about 3 strokes per side before switching. With a little effort you can make this boat travel straight or you can maneuver as much as you like.

The Packer can handle a variety of paddlers. My 8 year old child has fun in it, even my 230 lb brother enjoys paddling it. Often my wife will put one 50 to 70 lb child in the bow and one in the stern. Wind does not affect it much. This boat is easy to handle both in and out of the water.