Product Reviews > Accessories > NRS Hydroskin Gloves Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for NRS Hydroskin Gloves

Rated: 5.85/10 Based On: 13 Reviews

NRS Logo
See Products from NRS in the Buyers' Guide!
NRS in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Drytops
  • Paddling Pants
  • Kids Paddle Clothing

08-24-2013

Purchased NRS Hydroskin Gloves several years ago and they still perform perfectly. Love these gloves the most comfortable best form fitted glove I have worn. Would recommend to anyone looking for a glove that allows you the flexible fit and excellent palm-to-finger grip.

01-05-2012
Submitted by: DaveSend Email

I bought these and used them only a few times. They fell apart very quickly.

01-02-2012

beware these gloves rip at the seams!!!
almost every paddler I see using these gloves has the same problem. I really like the tight fit and took of the extra strap with the velcro but do not reccomend them to anyone unless this defect is taken care of.

12-27-2011

I've been using the NRS Hydroskin Gloves for years and unlike all the others, I have never, ever had any problem with the seams. Only negative is that after many, many years of use, the fabric begins to wear on the thumb where the glove meets the shaft. For me, these are my favorite spring and fall gloves.

It appears that most reviewers are male and perhaps due to larger hand sizes, that could be the cause for their glove seams being compromised. Love mine and will buy these again. Have used this type for 16 years.
For winter cold, I use NRS Mitts.

12-24-2011
Submitted by: DaveSend Email

Absolutely love these gloves. Even though they are thinner than most, using them in very cold water your hands still stay decently comfortable. To me they are one of the most versatile gloves for frigid, cold, and cool water use. They don't inhibit blood flow to the hand or cause restriction of movement. Kayaking about 3-4 days a week 9 months out of the year, I'm very hard on equipment. The biggest flaw I found with these gloves is the stitching it likes to come loose between thumb and pointer finger. I've seen this happen with other kayakers who use them too. I simply took mine to a sewing lady who sewed them up good as new. I give them a 9/10 rating for stitching that can come out from heavy use. These are a must have for gloves.

02-21-2011

Like others have said, these gloves came apart at the seams in short order. Replaced them with cheap hardware store gloves with rubberized palms - just as comfortable, but last longer - and no wetter than the Hydroskins. The Hydroskins look cooler, but for the short time they last...way overpriced.

06-09-2010

I'm very happy with these gloves -- sort of -- which I've been using for a year. I had problems with BOTH of the initial gloves I got -- the seams opened up. I sent them back and they sent replacements -- no questions asked. Then the seams opened up again. I'm going to keep sending them back (and hopefully keep getting replacements).

I like them because they provide some warmth, but primarily because they provide grip (even after slathering yourself with sunscreen) and they prevent me from getting blisters while paddling my kayak. However, I find that I still need to put some athletic tape on my hands under the glove.

I'm giving it a 7 because until the seams give out, this glove is great. An obvious way that they could improve is by having more durable seams.

04-12-2010

I love the fingerless (guide) model Hydroskin gloves. For a fisherman with needs of dexterity to tie knots, this glove is just what I needed. Used these on a crisp morning paddle in April, and after five hours on the water I could feel my finger tips starting to get cold, but not bad. Maintained great grip on the paddle. Would probably get a full-fingered model in the future.

11-17-2009

These gloves did a good job of keeping my hands warm (45-55 degree) but the stitching on the right glove from the bottom of the pinky to almost the wrist came undone after the second use. Also some of the grip material was coming off of the fingers. Hope my NRS boots will hold up. Probably would have been good gloves if not for the poor workmanship. Returned gloves and got a pair of Stohlquist maw gloves. These look like they will hold up better and are more comfortable.

10-21-2009
Submitted by: JeffSend Email

Not impressed. Spent $35.00, seems the going rate. Water temp was 50 degrees, flat water, 55 degree air temp. After 2 and a half hours my hands were cold. Am going to try and return them. The gloves did get wet at the shoreline, but just the fingers. I was thinking these would really keep my hands warm. They feel great on the hands, but for what they are supposed to do they just ended up being ornaments and have no use.

12-21-2008

Like the other reviewers my Hydroskin gloves started coming apart at the seams. I sent them back to NRS for repair and was disappointed at the sloppy sewing job.I replaced them with gloves from Warmers and a pair of Stohlquist Maws. Other NRS gear I've purchased has also had problems with falling apart. So much for making stuff in China.

12-16-2005

Truly ultra-comfortable gloves, but indeed one out of 4 has split at the thumb/palm. Easy to fix though. Just the right balance of dexterity, fit, comfort and warmth for three-season use.

10-27-2005

Actually, I like these gloves a lot except for the fact that they began ripping apart at the seams after a very short period of time. I thought that maybe I got a defective pair but a friend of mine has the same gloves and his split along the seams as well. I haven't contacted NRS yet but I have dealt with them for other items and their customer service is very good. I would avoid these gloves because they seem to have a high defect rate.