Product Reviews > Accessories > Yakpads Paddle Saddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Yakpads Paddle Saddle

Rated: 9.75/10 Based On: 8 Reviews

Yakpads Logo
See Products from Yakpads in the Buyers' Guide!
Yakpads in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Heel and Pegpads™
  • Paddle Saddle™ Seats
  • Gel-Filled Canoe Seat

07-24-2013

I was introduced to the Yakpad gel seat when kayaking in Costa Rica a few years ago, when I was having some leg pain after a long paddle. I had tried air filled cushions, but the gel seat was far superior. It was the best Christmas present under the tree that year, and I've used it ever since!

04-29-2011
Submitted by: MHSend Email

I agree, greatest invention since the paddle. Makes a huge difference, I basically can go all day now, kayak or canoe.

11-15-2009

This is an almost excellent product. Almost, because it is quite heavy. The pad alone is heavier than my 4" deep foam seat.
Other than that it is extremely comfortable, stays put with nice rubber bumps on the bottom and can be tied down to the included loop, and allows easy rotation of your bum during paddling with its slippery cover and sliding squishy gell fill (the pad that is).

11-13-2009

I added the high back Yakpad Paddle Saddle to my Perception Swifty and noticed unbelievable difference!!! I am now able to travel long distances in my Kayak and not suffer butt soreness!! Greatest invention since the paddle. Love them!!!!

08-18-2007

I just got a new Yakpads SOT Paddle Saddle with the optional mesh zippered seat back pouch. My hopes of a seat that agreed with my body were surpassed!

The pouch holds everything I need it to (sunglasses, four fly reels/spools, headlamp) with room left over; it not only has two water bottle holders with elastic straps to keep the bottles in, but two bottles were supplied.

On to the seat itself. Besides being very comfortable on my seat bones ("What seat bones?" I wondered as I paddled back hours later ... ), it also holds my body heat. The first time I was out with the Paddle Saddle, I reflected that my feet were a bit chilled, and then I noticed that my butt was a very comfortable temperature.

The mesh back of the seat doesn't hold heat -- a real plus in warm weather. The sides of the seat hug my hips securely without chafing, and the Paddle Saddle, once placed, does not scoot or slide AT ALL -- welcome features that make me and my SOT that much more unified.

I was able to adjust the back support just right -- no more aching back! -- and it fit just under my PFD instead of pushing it up or creating a non-supporting space in the lumbar area like other seats I've tried to date.

Both the Paddle Saddle and back pouch appear to have high-quality workmanship and materials. My only quibble is that the excess front adjustment straps end up next to the snap. As a flyfisher, I'd prefer the excess hung close to the seat back instead, more out of the way of flyline on the boat deck, but for just paddling it hasn't been a problem. Because Yakpads was not trying to create a fishing-specific seat, I have to give it a 10 because as a SOT paddling seat, it IS a 10!

08-21-2006
Submitted by: JohnSend Email

New Yakpads SOT Paddle saddle. Great seat, vented mesh back, gel seat, zippered removable pouch with two drink bottle holders and a a strap to use it as a fanny pack when you wander off the river/lake/pond/ocean/etc... Nice high back for support. I give it a 10 out of 10. Great guys at Yakpads.

02-01-2006
Submitted by: ChadSend Email

I’ll give them a 10! I spend a lot of time on flat water and was looking into getting a new seat. But with these things, who needs to! No more numb cheeks for me.

09-22-2005
Submitted by: JohnSend Email

I love kayaking, but I love it even more now that I don't suffer boat butt. This product is made for those of us that don't have a very maximus glutious. Foam pads just didn't cut it. As the commercial says "I'm jellin'". I use the high back model on my Loon 138(The Cadillac of yaks). To get a 10 they need to add a pouch on the back.